Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Post-Oasis 2002 Roundup

Pages: 1 2 80 replies

Sorry, Tiki Bob, I wanted this message in the Tiki Oasis round up, where it now is...

You are forgiven! I am genuinly sorry I did not hear the blasphemy, but glad I was not caught with my pants down...as they were by the pool.

One more thing: Miehana from Colorado, since you posted here-
To avoid further confusion, please be so kind to change your Tiki Central name. As I had already pointed out to you on the old Tiki Central, this logo was created by my friend Kevin, who put on the excellent 1996 Anaheim (=miehanA) Museum Tiki exhibit where you got it from. Kevin posted under Miehana on Yahoo Tiki Central before you did, and he would like to do so on this board, he is just to polite to ask for his rightful I.D. He is sculpting his Miehana mug for Tiki Farm right now, to go with the Miehana cocktail in the new "Intoxica" Grog Log. You can see him as Miehana in pic 38 of Mig's room 135 photos.

I think the Hawaiian Eye collection made some 156.- dollars or so, not bad, Kevin and Jody are making up for the rest. Next year it will be included in the event price.
Mahalo to all who gave

[ Edited by: bigbrotiki on 2002-06-26 11:46 ]

Well, my recovery took about 48 hours before bodily functions were properly restored! Wadda weekend!

I'd like to send a special thank you out to Joe Vitale and his wife Donella who came all the way from Florida for the event. Do any of you remember that old Hyundai ad campaign (about 10 years ago) where a group of people each got a Hyundai and they turned them into whatever they pleased... Joe buried his nose first in the ground and turned it into a giant Moai!

Bamboo Ben - you're a classic! Sven, thanks for the show - I especially liked the back and forth shots of the topless mainland "Wahines". Otto - excellent skills and nice to finally meet you in person! Everybody rocked the Caliente!

I passed out before the singalong - I mean like a log! Dammit!!

Legendary... that event was legendary!! Thank god for restored bodily functions as I can only take a few of those a year!

I hope Tiki Farm will put out a commemorative Oasis 2003 mug next year and shape it like a tiki from Caliente's logo. I love their logo.

P.S. I have decided to use my new li'l Suffering Bastard as my drink sampling chalice. Once the blender stops, I will pour a bit of the concoction into this blessed vessel for a taste. Hmmm...perhaps a ritual of some kind will be in order. You know, it's a process.

Apparantly there was skinnydippers,and I had been very unobservant(is that how it's spelled?).I would have joined in except I only do striptease for my husband!
Yes,I was expecting a Tropics style tiki myself for the special mug.Oh well,maybe next year!

P.S.-How does a bongo-board contest sound?

Hey All!
We did the mugs for the event pretty much as a last minute (well, last month) thing. We will gladly produce a mug true to the Caliente Tropics tikis (one of the tikis... all 3?) in their logo for the next event. Maybe we'll do one as a decanter, one as a mug and one as a shot!?!

Also, we have ceased production on the little brown Suffering Bastards (only 75 were ever made) and I've got some left over so call me if any of you are interested or you can email me at [email protected].

Thanks,
Holden

Hey sounds great about the set of 3!
I don't know if anyone has ever noticed,but the tiki by the spa there is modelled after one on the logo!

Hey Tina,
Why is yer e-mail so secret(Is that right were still drinking in the pool,No wonder my keyboards wet!)
Give me an E-=CC=-
You to Sven !!Anne said She'd give U a deal on the Salton Tiki painting!

CC, my last e-mail to "tikis by cc" came back, I must have lost the update, what is the working one?

TBC

Hey Sven,
Here's my and Anne's E!
[email protected]
[email protected]
-=CC=-

Oops, I just realized that I never checked the little box in my profile that says it's okay to publish my email address. Thanks for pointing that out, CC.

On 2002-06-26 11:33, bigbrotiki wrote:
One more thing: Miehana from Colorado, since you posted here-
To avoid further confusion, please be so kind to change your Tiki Central name. As I had already pointed out to you on the old Tiki Central, this logo was created by my friend Kevin, who put on the excellent 1996 Anaheim (=miehanA) Museum Tiki exhibit where you got it from. Kevin posted under Miehana on Yahoo Tiki Central before you did, and he would like to do so on this board, he is just to polite to ask for his rightful I.D.
[ Edited by: bigbrotiki on 2002-06-26 11:46 ]

Bigbro - I have been using "miehana_tiki" on this board and the older Yahoo board, not "Miehana". Kevin should have always been able to post under his screen name on this board. I thought the concept of "borrowing" images, names, graphics, recipies, etc. was commoly accepted in the world of Polynesian Pop culture, even encouraged. I was giving credit to Kevin by using miehana as part of my screen name. I thought he came up with a great idea. Anyway, no hard feelings, from now on I'll post as ZuluMagoo, "miehana_tiki" is no more.

ZuluMagoo, thanks. It was just that the two were too similar, and because of that would have created confusion. And you were never accused of stealing the I.D., Kevin and I were always aware that your choice was a hommage to his show. Thanks for understanding.

A while back an Aloha shirt company (I think it was Reyn Spooner) actually used Kevin's Miehana Tiki (see it in INTOXICA) for a shirt pattern, without asking off course...

Now that that's settled, back to the buzz of last weekend. Or, is that all there is to say?
Benboo Bam.

B

HA HA,
YOU CRAZY GERMAN!!! YOU MAKE A GOOD CHAIR!!!!! gOOD tHING I dRINK bEER CAUSE rUM MAKES ME ME eVEN cRAZY-ER! gOD DaMN C'aL IS wEARINg Off ON ME!! i'LL gIVE YOuR'E NAME bACK WHeN I get TO sIt ON YOU'Re LAP aGAiN!!! wAS THaT A tIKI iN YOuR pCOKeT, OR wERE YOU jUST HAppY TO sEE Me?
tHIS SITe IS tOO MUcH fUN!!
mAHALOOOS,
sVEN-tIKI.
OOOOOpS........ aKA?

HAWAAAAAAAAIIAN EYYYYYEEEEE!

I have been going through Beachbum Berry's new Intoxica! and there is a drink called the Hawaiian Eye! Now I just need to get to the store for some Falernum. Also a description of how this drink was made for the cast at the China Trader Restaurant down the street from the WB studios.

[ Edited by: johnnievelour on 2002-06-28 01:09 ]

HEY,artbyanne I believe that Fri. night you would have stripteased out by the pool. You were havin sooooo much fun.

B

how do I give the master his name back after my beer induced bad joke last night? How do you un-do a screen name? I'll be good for now on, I promiss.

On 2002-06-28 01:09, thebaxdog wrote:
HEY,artbyanne I believe that Fri. night you would have stripteased out by the pool. You were havin sooooo much fun.

Well,I wasn't there Friday night.Perhaps you have me mistaken with someone else?Was that when the imfamous skinnydippers were out?No wonder I didn't see anything on Saturday night! I don't know how flattering skinnydipping was to you guys out there.From a Seinfeld episode,cold water does cause shrinkage!ha ha(I know,the water wasn't that cold,ha ha)

Ben- You vill have to sit in the corner and stairr at ze vall for one hour for zat one!

Now, if that post is really from a "friendly" it makes me chuckle. Not knowing where it was coming from had me a little wierded out!

[ Edited by: floratina on 2002-06-28 09:22 ]

That's very sweet of you, floratina, but don't worry. My Germanic staunchness needs to be tackled sometimes, I admire people like King Kuku that have no fear to make an ass of themselves. I can't, so other people have to do it for me...(wait a minnit, this is NOT an invitation!)
Anyway, Ben is the nicest Kaiser toppler there could be, I love the guy (in a purely platonic way, please), and he is forgiven. No lap dances on the bus, though, Ben, or you will have to go to your corner!

Ben? Beloved, bashful Ben? No Way! I wouldn't have guessed it. If I'd known that when I was reading it, it would have been a different story! Ben, you animal, you.

TBC

Aloha this is Crazy 'Al
Poop! Eye messed this all uP!
Any way this use 2 B fun! BB & tina !
See See

M

A week later I am finally getting back to normal! It was a BLAST in Palm Springs last weekend. We checked out Frank Sinatra's grave, did some shopping, some eating at LOTS of drinking!
On Sunday we went to Indio and took some photos of one of the other tiki Tropics motels(the third is in Blythe and the four one WAS in Los Angeles).
I can't add much more than has already been said so I will sighn off with Hawaiannnnnnnn Eyyyyeeee!

On 2002-06-28 09:27, bigbrotiki wrote:
Anyway, Ben is the nicest Kaiser toppler there could be. . .

Imagines 'Tiki Oasis 2003, Kaiser Toppling and Shuffleboard Tournament...' :D

Mahalo for understanding. I'm glad everyone took it in good humor. Sven, you are now my blood brother!Underbergs from Bamboo Ben!! And, Hefe's too! Now, How do I erase the name and the password???? I think Mrs. Bamboo will be on the Mini OC Crawl Bus, limo, taxi or what not so if Sven is there, I'll have to curtail on the lap dance til next time! Strict orders! I don't want to get the corner twice!!!! Or, do I? Sometimes it feel so good to be a kid again!!

Anne you are correct, I was thinking of Shelly of alnshelly and she was having a blast, if she remembers it.HI Shelly

Anyway next time it should be you.
You and see see should get there early.

No prob Baxdog!
I had a blast too on Saturday,thanks to Alnshelly!Y'all we'll have to introduce yourselves next time so I can put the name with the face!Aloha

I'll have to remember next year to bring the "giant coco nut checkers foot game," to go along with the kaiser toppleing and shuffle board.You play with your feet so you can hold your cocktail. Was there a limbo or is that too stupid? (or, are we too old and all have bad backs?) How do you "quote" on this thing? Any other ideas for games out there? I'll build em'. How bout a dunking hut for Casey and crew! A buck a ball and the money goes to the hotel.

How about an Easter Island-style Tiki Pull? Harness a bunch of folks together and whichever team can haul a giant stone moai across the lanai gets a free round... :)

M

How about a rousin' round of...
"Name that Tiki Tune!"... okay, it was pretty lame as a game show and it'd probably be a real snoorer at T.Oasis

Pages: 1 2 80 replies