Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Jay Strongman & Julienne Davis Make the Cover of Atomic Ranch

Pages: 1 11 replies

J

Congratulations to Jay and Julienne, whose stunning Pasadena ranch home not only made a feature in the Fall 2011 issue of Atomic Ranch, but also the cover!
If you're interested in the mid-century modern aesthetic, their home is an absolute sight to behold and will leave you breathless.
Of course, we all know Jay as the world-renowned DJ, instigator of Eden at Trader Vic's LA Live, and author of Tiki Mugs: Cult Artifacts of Polynesian Pop, and his beautiful wife Julienne is an accomplished author, actress, model and singer.
Look closely and you'll spot quite a number of Tiki items throughout the home, including mugs, a Trader Vic's bowl, a Marwal bust, a couple of Tretchikoffs, and my personal favorite, toothpaste and toothbrush lovingly stored in a vintage Westwood mug.
I've been a tremendous fan of this publication for years (and have tried to include it in the "news" section of Tiki Magazine) and highly encourage anyone to grab a copy as soon as possible!
Cheers Jay & Julienne!

L
Luki posted on Sun, Aug 28, 2011 12:56 PM

Very cool! Atomic Ranch is one of the few mags I subscribe to, so I look forward to seeing the piece in their home.

I dig that lamp shown at left on the cover. Would love to get a couple to go on our mid century-inspired bedroom furniture! So hard to find two matching ones on eBay / Etsy / Craigslist, though :(

Looking good, guys - Congrats! It's a great magazine. That'll be something to have on your coffee table for a long time!

nice, definitely have to pick up this issue. I have that same table lamp & have never seen another one in the exact same style. it's one of my favorite pieces.

CL

LIKE!

L
Luki posted on Sun, Aug 28, 2011 10:02 PM

On 2011-08-28 21:28, bigbadtikidaddy wrote:
nice, definitely have to pick up this issue. I have that same table lamp & have never seen another one in the exact same style. it's one of my favorite pieces.

Where'd you get yours?

Found mine years ago in a antique store in Chico, Ca. I have tried to keep an eye out for another one online since then. I've seen quite a few swag lamps & a few table lamps of the same construction, but never an exact match until now.

Congratulations Jay,You comw al ong way since i used to see you DJ at london parties,Your lifestyle and house has made me very jealous!

Mahalo, Jonpaul and everyone else who commented on the article on our pad in Atomic Ranch. Sorry I didn't reply to this before but I've been back in wet, grey London for three months and have only just returned to the sunny climes of southern California. We feel extremely lucky and honored to have the place appear in one of our favourite magazines and as Mid-Century Modern architecture was one of the paths that lead me to discover the wonderful world of Tiki in the first place, I'm very glad Jonpaul was kind enough to mention it in this thread. As for the Danish table lamp that is featured on the cover of the magazine we got it at the Palm Springs Modernism fair in 2007 , Best Wishes, Jay

Beautiful.

I looked for you at Oasis and now I know where you were hiding out.

Congratulations, Wendy

Congrats on securing a spot in history with an article and what an honor to be on the cover. Your place looks amazing.

Pages: 1 11 replies