Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

The Beachcomber look in High Fashion

Pages: 1 6 replies

I caught Salvatore Ferragamo 2012 Collection for Men on Fashion TV today (sometimes there is not a lot on Thai TV) and was gladdened to see the vintage Don the Beachcomber look has crept back into style.

The Salvatore Ferragamo 2012 Spring/Summer collection for men is an eclectic mix of hippie and bohemian, while also maintaining the unmistakable feel of luxury and high fashion.

Designer Massimiliano Giornetti drew inspiration from “Picasso and the studio the artist once had in the south of France." Models hit the runway in linen pants, blazers, and straw hats.

Woven slippers and and sandals finish out this season's look, making the line very suitable for vacation.

source: trendhunter.com

looks David Bowie to me.

T

Yeah, the guy could use a Mai Tai in one hand, one less stick up the butt and a five o'clock shadow, but I like it!
If it's less than $400 I'll take two.

Aloha,

Salvatore Ferragamo should contact me. I have the only copy of 'Don the Beachcomber's' voice. I will sell out if the price is right. Maybe.

Nice correlation.

Why thank you, I have a pickers eye.

Coincidentally I've recently been trying to research a more Trader/beachcomber way of dressing rather than the backyard luau/rockabilly Aloha shirt jeans look. Purely down to the fact I now live in a tropical country and jeans are too hot and Hawaiian shirts are generally only worn here in April, to celebrate Songkran.

...and now the Hermes Flask, for the fashionable drinker.

Pages: 1 6 replies