Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Facebook updates SUCK!

Pages: 1 6 replies

I'm actually not digging the latest scroll feed and layout updates, so I decided to hit Google+ and make an account. It looks way more simplistic and clean, and has a good chance of being the next Social Network trend. Remember how people migrated from friendster to myspace, to facebook? I can see Google+ and Circles next in line.

On 2011-09-21 00:21, Tom Slick wrote:
I'm actually not digging the latest scroll feed and layout updates, so I decided to hit Google+ and make an account. It looks way more simplistic and clean, and has a good chance of being the next Social Network trend. Remember how people migrated from friendster to myspace, to facebook? I can see Google+ and Circles next in line.

I only lasted 2 weeks on G+. Their (lack of) privacy policies are even worse than Facebook's, in my opinion. In addition, if you violate their terms in any way, they will shutdown all of your Google accounts, not just G+.

Worst of all, the people currently using G+ right now are, for the most part, smug, insufferable bores. Every post seems to be a variation of, "Aren't we all just the coolest for being here on G+"? I suppose this could change over time as more people join, but I won't be using it again.

I don't like the changes either. If they had some smarts the would poll users for future changes and do beta testing. Not a good move FB!!!

They don't care what users think. They only want to infect and intertwine themselves into your personal life. More and more I am finding them to be just a virus. Facebook sucks up time and I really don't remember the last time I got anything useful from it. It is usually people telling you about all the cool things they are doing or inane posts like the fact that "coffee is good". It cracks me up when people are in the middle of supposedly having a grand time and they are posting up pics and updates instead of truly enjoying the moment. Virus. I'm not closing my account yet, but I won't be opening up the page daily or even weekly anymore.

Thanks for the G+ info...I am not finding it particularly intuitive for adding friends...but I am technically challenged so....

Tom Slick said:
Facebook updates SUCK!

I say "LIKE" in reference to that sentiment.

Jeff(btd)

Actually, I say Facebook sucks. As for as joining any social media site designed to help you feel "special" I say, "get a life."

Pages: 1 6 replies