Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

New England Tiki Folks...

Pages: 1 8 replies

R

Hey all!
It's been a little while since I've posted... busy, busy, busy.

I have a HUGE favor to ask of all my New England Tiki folk...

I'm looking to do an editorial photography project on people with home tiki bars, and/or large tiki collections. I realize this is a bit more challenging here in good ol' New England, but I'm hoping you all can help me out.
The project will not be published, but will be more working toward one of my portfolios. And hopefully turning in to a much larger, long-term project in the future.

This project will mostly consist of fine art portrait style work. Showing you - in and among your bar/collection. I'll be trying to show more of the person and their personality then the collections themselves. Although, I want those to be a huge part of it!
I'm more then happy to travel (especially weekends).

Please - if anyone is willing to talk a bit, and help me out with this it would be greatly appreciated.
Please either reply to this, or PM me direct.

Even if you can help me get in touch with others that you might know, that would be great. Any help is perfect!

Thanks everyone!

B

Hey RumMonkey,

didn't see this until today.

There are a few of us New Englanders who try to escape the cold realities of winter by huddling up in our home tiki bars. I'll mention the project to the Queequeg Chapter of the FOM (the New England chapter) and see if we cant hook you up with some shoots. You're bringing extra rum, right? heh heh.

First Ive seen of this too! Im around! with my room full of stuff! The 44 lounge... as it is now called

H

JPM - This sounds like a new development (for me, anyway)! Is this the 44 Lounge a new incarnation of Exotic Island?

Holy cow I missed this too..... just got shoot photos in Bargoyle's basement tiki bar!

How did we all miss this?

I'm game!

On 2012-01-09 19:50, The Granite Tiki wrote:
How did we all miss this?

'cuz Ahu forbid us from going on TC.

p.s. I'm tellin'

I didn't see this til Pappy's response. I've got a bit of a collection, if you're still doing this.

LOL

pappy woke up on the mischievous side of the bed!

He's just kidding folks. Ahu allows us to respond on Tiki Central on months ending in "Y"

[ Edited by: The Granite Tiki 2012-01-11 07:35 ]

Pages: 1 8 replies