Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Central Ohana

Zeta in San Diego ( Nov. 4 to Nov. 9 of 2011)

Pages: 1 8 replies

Z
Zeta posted on Tue, Oct 18, 2011 8:58 AM

I'm visiting some friends in SD. Maybe some tiki people want to meet up with me and have some drinks.
Maybe someone wants to trade some exotic Spanish or Mexican tiki objects and save the shipping fees,(look for my International Market Place thread for my stuff).
Also, I would appreciate some advice on the tiki must sees (Bali-hai, I know) and any other authentic, old, not corporate owned coolness. Any oddity, roadside Americana and weirdness in general, I'm also interested in.
Maybe, just maybe, I will make the trip to L.A.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Oh darn...sorry I will miss you. Have a great time and hope you can hook up with some TCers.

Z
Zeta posted on Tue, Oct 18, 2011 9:01 PM

Rats! Vampiresa, I really wanted to meet you! Where are you going to? Any recomendation? Any good galery in SD? Any mythical dive bar? Any cool "alternative" bookstore? Any "weird" San Diego spots? Gratze molto!

Zeta,
I would highly suggest coming up to the Tikiyaki Orchestra show at Don the Beachcomber on Sat. Nov. 5th.
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=40981&forum=17&107

There should be around 200 tiki people, and the best tiki band in the world playing.

If you do come up, please say Hi, I will be the DJ for the early part of the evening.

Jeff(btd)

Sent you a pm.

Z
Zeta posted on Fri, Nov 4, 2011 7:44 AM

Thanx guys! I''ll try to meet you...

Today I'm crossing la frontera!

Hope ya get to go see Tikiyaki...you will have a blast.

Don't forget to check out the Bali Hai on Shelter Island.

Not Tiki, but if ya can....check out the Zoo, drive up to the Cabrillo monument-awesome view of San Diego, Coronado Hotel and beach, Mission Beach Boardwalk/Freaky Boutiki.

Hey Zeta! This is an old thread, but lists a bunch of good places to consider:

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=18088&forum=16&start=0&hilite=san%20diego%20beer

If you like beer, there are a bunch more craft beer bars since that tread was active. It's Beer Week this week, so those places may be extra crowded. If you see one, grab a copy of the Reader and/or City Beat (free papers), they have lots of listings & ads for more places.

Gah, I've gotta update that list one of these days.

Pages: 1 8 replies