Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Home Tiki Bars

Tikigik's probable tiki bar

Pages: 1 9 replies

T

I've been dating a MUCH younger woman who also wants a home tiki bar.
Anyway, she's buying her condo from me on a land contract and it came
with a room off the beaten path of the house (behind the one stall garage
and next to the utility room which is behind the foyer, so definitely out of
the way and about the size of the single garage stall... some units have a
double-deep garage). Well, our unit came with a JETTED garden tub in
the back right corner of that room, so we're going to build a tiki bar there.
I'll try to do updates as the work progresses, probably starting this winter
(nothing much ELSE to do during a long, cold SE Michigan winter). :wink:
BTW, the home bar will be in Mt. Clemens, NOT A2.

[ Edited by: tikigik 2011-10-21 22:46 ]

A much younger woman, an out of the way rum-stocked tiki bar with a jetted garden tub - I'm thinking you'll find something to keep you busy in the cold Michigan winters :wink:

Keep us updated with pictures (of the bar progress, that is)

T

Well, I HAD planned to build the bar in the basement of my condo here in A2
and WILL if she and I split (I HOPE not). I only mention this because my entire
condo here is painted (primed?) in "builder's paint" in BambooBen's "favorite"
color for walls and I wanted to "build" my bar with that "color scheme" first to
"get him", then re-do it properly. Unfortunately, I will likely have to "come out
of retirement" soon as I have spent far too much on this young lady (but she
is DEFINATELY WORTH IT).

T

The younger gal and I broke up 2 weeks ago but we remain friends (she'll be buying the condo with the jetted tub from me on a land contract with quite favorable terms). As far as I know, she still wants a tiki bar in the tub room, even though she drinks very little, at home, if at all (I don't drink much either, due to meds, but that may change). IF she ends up with a tiki bar, I MAY get to spend time there occasionally. We'll see.
Anyway, I guess that means I'll be building MY bar in MY condo's basement. I am thinking of naming it "Ka 'Aha Kaha" ("The Gathering Place" or else "Ka Huna Kaha" ("The Hidden Place"). I WAS going to name "our" bar "Ka Huna Kuemi" ("The Hidden Retreat") or "Ka Kele Kala" ("The Wet Spot"). The last one could have a few meanings.
By the way, if someone is a "Family Guy" fan, you could name your bar "Ka Ulupe Olope", ("The Drunken Clam").

Sorry to hear about the break-up, glad you're still friends. Can't wait to watch your own bar become reality.

Better to break up before the Tiki Bar build than after as it is can be hard to split the collection up. I say go for it...build your own paradise and post some progress pictures. Best of luck to you with the hammer and saw!!!

It will be fun to see what she missed out on. Best wishes for a great tiki bar in 2012, Wendy

T

It was a rough winter. Didn't feel well much of October but figured I had a bug or something. The gf/later ex-gf/now gf again? came to check on me when I told her I hadn't been out of bed AT ALL in two days. Called 911 and off to the hospital I went. 10 days there, then 5 weeks in a convalescent facility. STILL recovering (sepsis, dehydration, plus had orthoepedic surgery on my right elbow & it's not 100% yet and may never be, covalescent staff tried to kill me twice and occupational therapy screwed up my right shoulder... had torn both rotator cuffs a few years ago and therapist tried to improve it but messed it up more) but am moving out of my old home to my new one and will begin work on the bar this summer or fall.

Yikes, tikigik! Hope that's behind you for good!

Wow...you have had a rough go of it...hang in there. Badly broke my wrist and a rib last year in a fall and still dealing with trying to get back to normal...LOL

Even if you can't do a build, you can always set up a cocktail cart and with a well placed Tiki and a potted palm, at least that might get you motivated. For some of us, these projects take forever, especially if you are $$ challenged and have to rely on others to do the work. But in the end it is all worth it.

Pages: 1 9 replies