Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

vicious virgin ltd ed mug @ don the beachcomber nov 19th!

Pages: 1 40 replies

The anticipation is over, the Vicious Virgin Limited Edition Mug arrives at Don's Nov 19th!

NOVEMBER 19th
Door opens at 6:30, and come early so you get a seat near the bands!

A PERSONAL INVITATION (WRITTEN BY ARTHUR SNYDER):

A CELEBRATION ON DONN BEACH’S MIRACULOUS ISLAND OF MAHUUKONA, BEING THE PRAISING OF THE VICIOUS VIRGIN!

Let all of you who sail this life under the seal of tiki, now set yourselves irrevocably to return to the beautiful isle of mauukona by the command of the great tradition of our founder, Donn beach, to there give proper praise to the sign of THE VICIOUS VIRGIN, to which he bound us by his own creation OF HER in the year 1937, and to which he again, for the first time since 1989, calls us!

The wise men of the Island have been consulted, and the 19th of November, when our master traditionally celebrated, and once again celebrates with us the holiday from the senses he called The Island of Mauukona, That was then referred to by the public as “Don the Beachcomber,” in the magic location of Hollywood, California. At the first of these many celebrations, the Master introduced his followers, to the beautiful and fascinating and frightening and virginal and vicious and POWERFUL . . .

VICIOUS VIRGIN!

she who has been ever since feared and loved, has been desired with the highest intensity, and has been the source of great joy that shakes through the very body of those who fiercely want her, when they inevitably taste her glorious sweetness upon their lips. Sadly, those fortunate who have tasted her nectar have, until now, never been blessed by touching her virginal form. But that has now ended, for it has been decreed that, here in Sunset Beach, where the Island of Mauukona has magically came in the year 2009, and during this celebration, even the most humble among us will be able, at last to

TOUCH THE VICIOUS VIRGIN, CARESS HER, PRESS HER TO OUR LIPS, TO TASTE HER!

This part of the ceremony will be ruled by our village madman “Crazy Al,” who will carry out the messages received within his blessed cranium, from moment to moment.
This miraculous occurrence will take place in the beautiful Longboard Room and the Pufferfish Bar and the Lanai Room, of the ISLAND OF MAUUKONA where her beauteous form will be revealed, first in representation, when lovely pin-up girls will compete to appear as much like our Vicious Virgin as possible, as arranged and governed by the High Priestess of penang, JUDY LUCK.

Their appearance will be judged by a panel of distinguished artists, who, having revealed her actual appearance of the form and rendered their judgment,
will then proceed, in conformance with the orders of our masters, to paint those bikini-clad girls so that their bodies will reflect the glory of the Vicious Virgin.

After which, led by that Afrididi Princess of Penang, the throng will form a Conga Line,
And dance through the great edifice of The Island of Mauukona
Until, exhausted, we retire to the shelter of the Dagger Bar, where
We will have the opportunity to taste the glorious sweetness
On our lips from one of the sacred objects that will have been carried
To the Island earlier in the day, personally by the many-talented
MANDRAKE HOLDEN Who rules over the blazing ovens from which this token is coming, but fated for only 250 fortunate followers of the Virgin, for that is the number
Allocated to us by the Fates who hold the Mandrake in chains.

And so it will end, at the witching hour of 2:00 AM,
AND THE MORNING WILL FIND US BACK IN OUR BEDS IN OUR HOMES,
OR IN SOMEONE’S MOTEL ROOM, OR ASLEEP IN OUR CARS, leaving
Awake only the sacred janitor, Arthur sweeping carefully.

Art, you truly are the keeper of the DTB Flame. Thank you for being a big part of keeping this history alive and entertaining.

Now let me get my Don the Beachcomber hat on and let's rock

W

Picture please? :roll:

We are supper happy to have one of our dancers be part of the ceremony for the Vicious Virgin mug release party!
The Hula Girls will be playing in the Dagger Bar that night too!

Do we get a sneak peek of the mug yet??

Mmmmm . . . Hula Girls' Hula Girl . . .

BK

Crap! I'm outta vacation time!

There seems to be a draft coming up . . . cough, cough . . . hint, hint . . .

CA

Well then!! sounds like a party!!

M

Here she is...

BOOBS!

nice cabooses on them thar wimmens!

C
croe67 posted on Tue, Nov 8, 2011 8:31 PM

Great lookin' mug! Makes me wish I was going to be out that way for the debut - for sure! :(

Great Job, Holden & Crazy Al!

G
GROG posted on Wed, Nov 9, 2011 9:15 AM

Wow...busty.
Good looking mug, Holden!

M

On 2011-11-09 09:48, Luckydesigns wrote:
Wow...busty.
Good looking mug, Holden!

I thank you and Al thanks you Spike. Al's design & sculpt. We just baked it.

J

Hey girls! November 19th is the VICIOUS VIRGIN TIKI MUG RELEASE! At Don the Beachcombers. Want to be the next Vicious Virgin of the year? Judges will judge on the grounds of how well you imagine yourself as a "Vicious Virgin," so dress to impress! The winner will then change into a bikini
and present themselves in the Main Dining Room to be
painted by the great artists that will be present, as the artists imagine
the Vicious Virgin would be painted. Still interested? Send your name, number, and your answer to "why you should deserve to be the vicious virgin of the year," to [email protected]

E

Good looking event - and mug!
Wish I could make the event ... if anyone's attending who is willing to pick up a mug for me, please drop me a PM!
Mahalo!
Eric

Tonight!

CA

come on out and I'll sign your Virgin!

I'll have my new #34 mugs along if you plan on doing all the holiday shopping!
http://www.tikimania.com/docs/ALmug34.html

Should make for a great evening "With the VIRGIN!!!" After i have my way with he of course????

See ya Kids Tonight!

Happy Birthday Judy Luck, look for her at Don's Tonight!

G
GROG posted on Sat, Nov 19, 2011 2:37 PM

GROG want a Vicious Virgin.

(Edited for misspelling "vicious".

[ Edited by: grog 2011-11-20 10:28 ]

I hope you all have a great time tonight, and have a drink for all of us that can't make it.

HT

CRAZT AL does it again, Tonight at Don the Beachcomber perform the activities for the introduction of the VICIOUS VIRGIN TIKI MUG. Thanks to ART The Beachcomber and Tiki Farm the mug was Beautiful. Al performs with THE VIRGIN and then Blesses all the in attendance.

Great Night at Don's, Dusty nice to meet you in person for once, Al is crazy, Hula Girls rocking
the joint, Doug & Brent in the house, Thanks Art! Holden & Mike and the rest of you schulbs!

CA

good times, good mug... good show Art!

Thanks to Dancing Tehani for coming through as our Virginal Host!

she has a show tonight at Don's balancing a sword on her head!

http://www.DancingTehani.com

J

thank u! my birthday is the 23rd and will be celebrating all week! Hmmm trader sams anyone??? ; )

G
GROG posted on Sun, Nov 20, 2011 3:59 PM

GROG think Sabu' expression pretty funny.

HT

Crazy Al and The VICIOUS VIRGIN Tiki Mug, Buy the new Crazy Al mug as the guardian for the Vicious Virgin.

CA

Nice Roggie

Wow that was a fun event. It was great to get down to Don’s again and talk to all of the Tiki Central "Southern California" section members. Crazy Al's mug rocks as do the Hula Girls.

DC

E

Does anyone know if there are any mugs left? (And, if there are, how can I snag one for my collection?)
Mahalo!
Eric

On 2011-11-21 21:15, ebtiki wrote:
Does anyone know if there are any mugs left? (And, if there are, how can I snag one for my collection?)
Mahalo!
Eric

I was wondering the same thing! I wasn't able to make the mug release either but saw Soccer Tiki (My Smart Loan) has one of the mugs on Ebay already for $99 auction or buy it now for like $125. I tried calling the restaurant after I saw the Ebay listing but they were already closed today. I'll try again tomorrow.

Yes, Don's still has the Mugs.

YES, YES, YES!
Almost 100 people called today, asking the same thing, and 18 more went out the door (after drinking the Vicious Virgin drink). We have about 40 left, and you'd have to be a little off to be buying a dry VV for $99 when you can get our $35 VV (with drink. Or get a friend who lives local to get it for you (he gets the drink, then) and send it. OR: write to [email protected] and ask how to get one from DTB by mail.
The Vicious Virgin WILL be worth $100 soon; but not until we have sold out of them at Don the Beachcomber!
As the world can see from the pictures, it was a heck of a party! But a few things were missing. The most important of them were the pin-ups competing for the right to have Crazy Al paint them. I suggested that the winning pin-up could paint Al. They refused, so I asked SoccerTiki and he refused also.
But our always-faithful Tiki friend "Dancing Tehani," showed up and made a great pair with Al, and they made the party swing. By the way Tehani is that stunning dancer that, with her fire act and a lot of friends puts on a variety show every few Sunday nights. You shouldn't miss it.
By the way, another thing that was overlooked in the burst of early drinking on Saturday, was the 5' high by 2' wide posters of the Vicious Virgin that hung from the walls, but were never were announced to be for sale. If you've got a good place for one, drop in and I'll give you a very good price.
And for the rest of Thanksgiving Week, we have JASON ARIMOTO one of the most admired ukelele masters today, and winner of dozens of titles in uke competitions, with us each evening this week and through the weekend. And 3 bands worth an evening: Mystic Tiger has been appearing in the Dagger Bar on Wednesdays, to a growing crowd and a lot of admiration. On Friday, THE FALLEN STARS. They are an Americana Rock band that believes a good story can break your heart and a driving guitar riff can put it back together again, all in the space of a three minute song. And on Saturday ROBBY ARMSTRONG will fill the Dagger Bar as usual, with a crowd that can't keep from dancing. On Sunday, Auntie Geri from 12-3pm with the best of Hawaiiana, followed by the absolutely best Reggae in America as Fully Fullwood and his group of veterans of Bob Marley's band lift the roof in the Hidden Village.
Come on out! It's all free! (However, you might like a cold drink to go with the music.)
Mahalo, all!
Art Snyder

Thanks Art for keeping the Tiki Dream alive in our neck of the woods!

On 2011-11-21 23:30, artsnyder wrote:
YES, YES, YES!
Almost 100 people called today, asking the same thing, and 18 more went out the door (after drinking the Vicious Virgin drink). We have about 40 left, and you'd have to be a little off to be buying a dry VV for $99 when you can get our $35 VV (with drink. Or get a friend who lives local to get it for you (he gets the drink, then) and send it. OR: write to [email protected] and ask how to get one from DTB by mail.
The Vicious Virgin WILL be worth $100 soon; but not until we have sold out of them at Don the Beachcomber!
Art Snyder

Good to hear we didn't miss out!! Thanks Art!

CA

ya know...... i only have 250 of these (then the molds are destroyed!)
http://www.tikimania.com/docs/ALmug34.html

Only 100! made in Baja Brown glaze and I've got a few more then '40' of them left in this -more- affordable color/glaze.... however, they do arrive dry...

AND!! great someone dropped my name to get three! VV mugs and walked without paying!?! so i'm told...
goes by Kruze???
I'm terrible with names, maybe there is a photo of him in Rodger's or WooHoo's pics????????

Non the less...
Good Times AT DON's!! is what I say!
thanks Art!! Don Lives.

[ Edited by: crazy al 2011-11-22 11:00 ]

For those that didn't see it, DTB put a limited supply of VV mugs on eBay as a Buy-It-Now: Here

Pages: 1 40 replies