Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

CBS Sunday Morning THIS Sunday Nov. 20th on TIKI!

Pages: 1 2 52 replies

I managed to pry my eyes open and crawl out of bed on Sunday morning after the Vicious Virgin mug premier party at Don’s on Saturday night. Turned the TV on about 7:30 and wondered if I had missed the Tiki bar segment, then it came on.

Short and sweet but still a good segment. I enjoyed the interview with Trader Vic’s grandson and also liked the clip of the host walking through Sven’s “Tiki Disneyland” front yard.

DC

This just as a closing post, echoing and acknowledging the sentiments of many previous ones:

The producer of the segment sent me a "thank you" e-mail, of which part of it read:

"I was happy enough with the piece but as usual very disappointed the powers-that-be wouldn't give me more time. I had so much great material! "

Which goes to show that most of us have to answer to a higher power.

I wanna see the directors cut, damn it.
They should have longer versions available on the website for the show.

Jeff(btd)

T

july 1st, 2012, it reran. caught me by surprise! i didn't catch it the first time around, so it was definitely a fun surprise to see while playing "pirates" with my 15 month old on the floor.

DZ

I wasn't sure if this was a 'rerun' or another tiki segment, as I didn't recall the Peter Seely interview and the rest of the segments on today's show were all 'new/first-run' pieces. Good stuff, nonetheless!

Pages: 1 2 52 replies