Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Locating Tiki

Tiki Hut Frozen Yogurt

Pages: 1 9 replies

I was visiting Yuma, AZ, and I Googled tiki bar. This frozen yogurt place kept appearing in my results (but sadly, no tiki bars). Very tiki themed... Good frozen yogurt too! Anyone else been to this place? I believe its a chain.

Anyone know of an actual tiki bar in Yuma?

The main sign:

Decor:

Bathroom hallway:

Signs:

Tiki:

I'm about 60 miles from Yuma. They have some left over Googie but no tiki bars as far as I know.

Gotta appreciate the effort! This is as Tiki as a frozen yoghurt place will ever get, me thinks.

And the spreading of Tiki to such urban staples as frozen yoghurt is a boon to the movement!

On 2011-11-20 16:19, bigbrotiki wrote:
Gotta appreciate the effort! This is as Tiki as a frozen yoghurt place will ever get, me thinks.

And the spreading of Tiki to such urban staples as frozen yoghurt is a boon to the movement!

Ditto...wonder if they have rum flavored yogurt.

On 2011-11-20 17:01, VampiressRN wrote:

On 2011-11-20 16:19, bigbrotiki wrote:

Ditto...wonder if they have rum flavored yogurt.

I didn't see any rum flavored yogurt, but they had a big selection. It's one of those build-your-own sundae kind of places. Very tasty! It's just tucked away into a large strip mall. I've been to that mall several times and never noticed, until the Google search lead the way. Cool little place. I believe it's a franchise too.

I forgot to mention that I asked the owner about the tiki, and she said it was hand-carved, but not locally... It was supplied by the franchising company. I wonder who carves these tikis?

Well waddaya know!:

http://local.yahoo.com/info-59974451-tiki-hut-frozen-yogurt-san-bernardino

http://www.yelp.com/biz/tiki-hut-frozen-yogurt-highland

TWO of them right here in SouCal!

But wait, they have competition already, in Oregon!:

...but they are missing that most important ingredient.

G
GROG posted on Mon, Nov 21, 2011 7:55 PM

chocolate?

On 2011-11-21 16:33, bigbrotiki wrote:
...but they are missing that most important ingredient.

Cute wahines?

The Yogurt Hut doesn't seem to have any tikis but in all fairness, they didn't call themselves "tiki". :)

Pages: 1 9 replies