Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

It is high time...

Pages: 1 23 replies

...that I make my customary DVD offer for the season:

For those who STILL do not have my classic TIKI ARCHEOLOGY dvd in the in their collection, now is the chance:

This delightful journey into Tikiland consists of two videos produced before THE BOOK OF TIKI was published. But since my research had a major influence on the making of them, they visually complement the book nicely.
Expeditions to sites that are now gone, like THE TIKIS and the Playa Del Rey Polynesian Village Apartments, Interviews, and archival footage of people and places mentioned in the book allow the urban archeologist to revisit and discover the sites and sounds of Polynesia Americana:

PART 1 : "THE AIRCONDITIONED EDEN"-25 minutes-

This 1996 documentary was produced and directed by expatriate American Peter Stuart for BBC’s channel 4. The archival footage features highlights such as Martin Denny’s first live performance on the Dinah Shore show. To actually SEE Augie Colon voice those birdcalls is an unforgettable moment (I apologize that my voice over was layed over some of it!). Martin is also interviewed in the film, and we see one of the last interviews with James Michener. -Original footage of the Disneyland Tiki room and the Kon Tiki voyage further document important Tiki moments in history.

PART 2: "HAWAIIAN AIRLINES INFLIGHT VIDEO MAGAZINE" -20 minutes-
This Tiki Tour of Los Angeles was only shown on outbound flights of Hawaiian Airlines in 1999. You get to see my house, my Kon Tiki shirt, lots of Tiki apartments (like the Armet & Davis designed Polynesian Village which is now gone), Bahooka’s Restaurant, and Oceanic Arts in Whittier. Gracious host Miss Hawaii 1998 does not necessarily follow my train of thought, but does a good job stroking the lava rock Vanna White-style.

All this for mere 17.- bucks (+ 3.- bucks shipping)

BUT that is not all! Since I am traditionally strapped during the winter months, I am digging into my personal stash of the now sold out TIKI MODERN, and selling it for the bargain price of 60.- Dollars (+5.- shipping),

...while otherwise such brand new copies of this tome are now sold via Amazon for 100.- dollars and up. Of course these will come signed and if so desired, with a personal dedication.

AAAAAND I also have some "The SOUND of TIKI" cds...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxX-Sfu-I_0

...for $ 18.- that I can sign and send out in combination, or by themselves. GET THE "MISSING CHAPTER" OF THE BOOK OF TIKI!
While TIKI and EXOTICA have lived closely related but parallel lives for all these years, this compilation clearly demonstrates the ties between the two imaginary worlds in word, image and sound.

Your Christmas package could possibly look like this, then:

BUT THAT'S NOT ALL! (Okay, I might be overdoing the market cryer shtick now :) ):

I am also selling 5 TIKI REVIVER MUGS, also signed if so desired, for 20.- dollas plus 5.- shipping a piece.

This grail comes with a recipe insert for the Tiki Reviver cocktail by Jeff Berry:

I am gonna combine shipping for two or more items to $ 10.-, DVD and CD only will be $ 5.-

You do the math and Paypal me the money to [email protected]
Sorry, no shopping cart and no other discounts, this is a one time, one man operation. :)

Mele Kukukalimoku

Mug ordered, please sign it Sven

Ordered a Mug and CD of swanky tunes!

Thanks Sven!

-Gil

This is great! Ordered a mug, thanks so much!

L

DVD ordered!
Thanks

Bought the DVD at the Tiki Wonderland event!
What a great Watch!
The tiki tour around LA is my favorite!
If you don't have one,folks,GET ONE!
:)

Who needs Black Friday, Cyber Monday or event Tiki Central Tuesday when you have these screaming deals from our very own Sven Kirsten. Happy to say that I have all of these in my collection.

DC

T

Sweet... Friday is my birthday: Happy Birthday to me!

Just ordered 'Tiki Modern' and a Mug...

The mug will go nicely with my copy of "The Book of Tiki"

Thanks, Sven!

Please sign both items, no personalization, just your sweet autograph!

Peace,
Jason

Hi Sven! Just sent funds your way (from Gregory Ramirez). Thanks!

L
Luki posted on Thu, Dec 8, 2011 6:16 AM

2 copies of the DVD ordered!

Thanks Sven :)

Thank you everyone for the great response! I am working diligently on signing and packing so that all orders will get out by this weekend.
Mugs are all gone,

Mahalo, Sven

C

I just told Santa about this deal... so I hope he can squeeze in an order in a day or so... (My family hates it when I buy myself things I REALLY want right before xmas)... so there is likely another order coming on Friday (book and DVD)if santa took the hint. Danke Mucho!!

Just ordered that swanky DVD! Can't wait to watch it.

On 2011-12-07 09:15, bigbrotiki wrote:

PART 1 : "THE AIRCONDITIONED EDEN"-25 minutes-

This 1996 documentary was produced and directed by expatriate American Peter Stuart for BBC’s channel 4.

Sorry I'm going to have for a clarification do you mean the documentary was produced for the BBC or the British TV channel know as Channel 4? As there is now a BBC 4 but it didn't exist back in 1996.

I could not pass up such a deal on Tiki Modern! Now I just need to find Book of Tiki, or TikiStyle at a decent price. Still would like to get the DVD, but not sure if I will have funds this Christmas. Hopefully you will have it next Christmas as well. Thanks Sven this is an incredible bargain and is a great Christmas present (to myself since the rest of my family don't dig the tiki stuff). I eagerly look forwards to reading this beautiful tome.

I just ordered a copy of the DVD! Thanks, Sven.

-TODD

Just received my mug! Sven, thank you so much for the prompt and secure shipping, and for the fantastic little bonus! I look forward to an opportunity to meet you in person!

Got my DVD today. Thanks Sven!
No tiki library is complete without it!

W

Got my package today too Sven. Arrived safe and sound, thanks for the extra goodies!

Be on the lookout for the UPS person tomorrow at your place.

Thanks again!
Chris

Got my mug today! Fantastic! Thanks Sven!
~kele

"Tiki Modern" . . . bigger, better, more! Outstanding, thanks!

Got my "Tiki Modern" today, I have already read through six chapters. A really wonderful tome! I especially appreciate how high resolution and well printed the photos are. I have seen far too many art books published with low resolution "jaggies" which drives me crazy. There was a lot of time and love put into this book and it shows. Thanks Sven!

On 2011-12-19 17:35, WestADad wrote:
Got my package today too Sven. Arrived safe and sound, thanks for the extra goodies!

Be on the lookout for the UPS person tomorrow at your place.

Thanks again!
Chris

Chris, I am absolutely floored! This Star of Bethlehem is going right into the center of my stable!

My items arrived safely today, despite what USPS did to the box. Thanks for doing this and taking the time and effort to pack things well!

Mahalo!

Pages: 1 23 replies