Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Dumping the drink?

Pages: 1 16 replies

Soooo, Whilst performing a religious ritual (fixin a drink) a small insect dove a little deep and jumped in the volcano I was creating.

An "acquaintance" of mine told me to dump it out. Flies and gnats are dirty with disease, yada yada yada...

Well I knew from past experience that this offering I was creating was fantastic. AND I knew that this little insect knew it was great as well. Sooo... Yeah I drank it.

Anyways, I was curious. What has to happen to your drink to make you dump it?

I dumped one out once when I'd shared it with a friend who frickin' sneezed a goober in it. End of show, that one went.

After the ice melts... however that happens very rarely with me (people who saw me drink at the 2002 Tiki Crawl can attest!)

~Hanford

S

I get bugs in my martini's pretty often at restaurants and bars. I send those back. If they don't keep everything very tightly covered and they don't use it a lot, they WILL get little bugs in them.

I don't freak out, and I wouldn't throw out a home concoction for one little gnat. We eat bugs all the time, just don't realize. It's protein!

We did throw out a big batch of Mango daiquiris the other night. Had them all mixed and found the taste was funky. They were too ripe. That sucked to toss all that rum and triple sec.

The most economically sensible thing to do is to pour a shot of rum on top of the drink and set it on fire (not while drinking, please...and remove the umbrella first). Let it burn for a bit to kill the disease, germs, yadayada, and then resume the party. Before you resume drinking, be sure to stir the ashes, just like Smokey says, because sometimes that rum flame can be sort of invisible and nose hair burns easily.

T

On 2002-06-24 21:23, Kilikopela wrote:

I dumped one out once when I'd shared it with a friend who frickin' sneezed a goober in it. End of show, that one went.

...and I hope you dumped the friend! :wink:

I would just make sure that you float some over-proof rum on top as the alcohol content should kill anything!

But to remain on topic :) ... besides dumping the drink down my throat, I once dumped an Appletini someone gave me, just because they taste GOD-AWFUL!

The only ones I tend to dump are what's left in my final glass the next morning after I've passed out after a big sesssion. I could handle a bug or two, just not a drink that's been warming for 8 hours, collecting a fine scum of dust on the top.

Trader Woody

I believe dumping drinks constitutes alcohol abuse!

T

Well, a bird managed to bullseye a poop right into Mr. Tikifish's drink on the weekend... not only did he toss the drink, he couldn't finish his meal because he was so grossed out.

It still doesn't top a monkey peeing in my eye though.

PS. I didn't throw the eye out.

[ Edited by: tikifish on 2002-06-26 07:42 ]

M
mig posted on Wed, Jun 26, 2002 1:55 PM

Wow Tikifish, you certainly have a string of luck going! Makes me wonder what sort of excretory event is going to befall you next. I'd suggest staying away from any large fauna for a while.

Wow Tikifish, you certainly have a string of luck going! Makes me wonder what sort of excretory event is going to befall you next. I'd suggest staying away from any large fauna for a while.

...or any elephant or monkey cages

Although I DO allow my cat, Serge, to dip his paw into my cocktails (he particularly likes 'cream based' ones), if he has just been to the litter tray, lines must be drawn and - if he sneaks his paw in - the drink gets dumped.

(His brother, Lancelot, by contrast is a total tea-total type, and lacks the jet-set suavity of his bruv.)

[ Edited by: MrsCarnaby on 2002-06-27 00:17 ]

The one sure way to keep kitty away from your lovingly-prepared cocktail is to serve it in a Tiki mug.

The more scientific amongst us would say that it's because the cat can't see the liquid, but I prefer the argument that it's the Tiki itself that drives away the cat (Cats are, of course, inherently
evil).

At least this works with my cat, Chief.

Trader Woody

T

On 2002-06-27 06:59, Trader Woody wrote:

The more scientific amongst us would say that it's because the cat can't see the liquid, but I prefer the argument that it's the Tiki itself that drives away the cat (Cats are, of course, inherently
evil).

Well of course it the power of the tiki mug! As I've always said Science Schmience I mean what has science really ever proved anyway :wink:

[ Edited by: tikimug on 2002-06-27 09:23 ]

Yes, good call, guys; a Tiki mug (or, indeed, the spirit of the Tiki itself) would surely put Serge off (although he IS a determined and quite fearless fellow who hates it when his jet-set tastes are 'curbed'.) And yes, cats ARE inherently evil. You just have to LOOK at them to know that! (Revolting, self-centred creatures who use 'cuteness' as their ultimate weapon in their quest to bring down humanity and replace it with...well...CATS.)

[ Edited by: MrsCarnaby on 2002-06-27 17:47 ]

So that explains why cats are so similar to humans....

Plesae don't think I'm a freak but, I used to eat bugs for $$$$. Back in 8th grade I made quite a pretty bank doing this. So, bugs in my drinks are like a good memory. I had lots of cats but I'm now done with then for good. Just waiting for the 14 year old dog to go and I'll be pet free except for the caged ones (sorry, no monkeys thank goD) my kids have, who thank god learned that if they knock my drink over it's the end of the world! Short story long, why am I writing this?

T

First what my daughter does, then what my wife does when I go to get napkins for the first spill, then what the waitress does when I go to get second set of napkins. Soooo long $15.00 in drinks and the show just wasn't enjoyable after that.

Pages: 1 16 replies