Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Elvis Tiki

Pages: 1 27 replies

B

Ok I have this Elvis Presley Tiki man mug. I would like to sell it but i don't trust E-Bay. Some guy said to take this story to the Market Place so here I am. Oh and to the guys offering to buy it for less than fifty bucks AHA HA HA HA HA I'm not retarded but thanks for the Laugh. Now if some one can tell me how to post pictures I would love to do so. Also if some one made an offer of at least five hundred then I would sell it to them.

[ Edited by: bailey78 2011-12-20 17:32 ]

So $51 then?

B

On 2011-12-20 17:39, Chuck Tatum is Tiki wrote:
So $51 then?

AHA HA HA HA Thats funny.

500 what a bargan who made your? Mine was made in 5th grade!!!mine is priceless or 50 cent!!!
how can you put a price on the king!!!!!!

B

On 2011-12-20 18:07, The Witch Doctor wrote:
500 what a bargan who made your? Mine was made in 5th grade!!!mine is priceless or 50 cent!!!

It's easy to put a Price on the King when you need Money. I have NO JOB. I would sell my Gold fillings if I had any.

B

On 2011-12-20 18:33, bailey78 wrote:

On 2011-12-20 18:07, The Witch Doctor wrote:

Here is what i have make me a offer and this little darling can be yours

[ Edited by: bailey78 2011-12-20 18:39 ]

[ Edited by: bailey78 2011-12-20 18:40 ]

Blasphemy!!!!!!!

B

On 2011-12-20 18:40, The Witch Doctor wrote:
Blasphemy!!!!!!!

Could be in the eyes of the Tiki Gods. But hey I'm no God. Want to buy a Tiki Mug?

try Pawn-stars!!!!

B

On 2011-12-20 19:05, The Witch Doctor wrote:
try Pawn-stars!!!!

Thats an Idea but I live in Texas

Bailey, have you checked your "Personal messages" yet? My advice is that if by tomorrow you have nor received a good high roller offer for this mug through there, you get the hell out of here and put the thing on e-bay, you're not getting nowhere with these comedians here.

My recommendation is to start with a low minimum, like 300.- bucks, so you don't scare everybody off. It should go way beyond 500.-, but with the way the economy is, you never know. In any case, e-bay will be the best way to measure what the thing is worth right now.

sorry i was yanking your chain a bit.
this mug is more common now that someone unearth a case a few years ago.

I have 3 (estate sales finds)

the 700 bucks would be about a 1990's price tag, but now they are worth about 100 to 200 on a good day.

i wish you the best of luck trying to sell it for top dollar. you best bet is ebay or here.. the peopel on this site are fair and really cool to deal with and are your best bet.

............The king lives , on my wall in velvet!!!!!.............

G

Outta my league but best of luck!

gabbahey

"Fetch me a Mai Tai, Ping Pong."

OK $52 then.

B

On 2011-12-20 20:14, Chuck Tatum is Tiki wrote:
OK $52 then.

Ya make it four fifty and I will think about it.

Hi Bailey78,

I'm new here, but let me give you some honest input. As has been advised previously, if you want to sell the mug, sell it on eBay. You simply won't get anything near $500-700 here, and there's a few very good reasons for that:

1. Past sales, regardless of condition, simply do not support that price. I recommend checking Terapeak if you don't want to believe the prices on Ooga Mooga.

2. The current economy just doesn't support those types of prices for these types of collectibles. Most people can't afford to pay upwards of $100 for one mug, let alone 5 times that. Yes, your mug is valuable, but it's only worth what someone is willing to pay.

3. The tiki community is (all things considered) a pretty small community. If there is somebody that is in this community that is able an willing to pay $500+ for your mug, you've already posted enough to make them aware of its availability. Further alienating people in this community will not serve any positive purpose. You've said your peace, now just wait patiently.

What FacesPlaces said! For price, the value of any item is what someone wants to pay, not necessarily what you think it is worth. The two do not always coincide. Your best bet is ebay to get the highest price for it. From time-to-time people like you post something for sale, thinking they have a bar of gold or something. Their expectation is totally unrealistic.

I don't know what it is that you don't "trust" about ebay, if you could elaborate that would be great. As a seller, don't ship anything until you are paid in full. As a seller, ensure you have done an excellent job packing your mug, and absolutely use UPS (or similar, not post office) for tracking and add insurance for that thing for the appropriate amount. The biggest issue people have with ebay (myself included) is the fees they and paypal charge. My humble opinion is that the the exposure and far wider audience you have there more than makes up for the fees, as your item will go for the highest the market will bear.

Good luck man!

[ Edited by: Loki-Tiki 2011-12-21 10:56 ]

One sold on ebay recently with chip for around $ 250 -$350.Give me chance and I will pull up the auction.
I don't care what name is written on the side of the mug , no Tiki Bob mug is worth $1,000.

On 2011-12-21 14:52, 1961surf wrote:
One sold on ebay recently with chip for around $ 250 -$350.Give me chance and I will pull up the auction.
I don't care what name is written on the side of the mug , no Tiki Bob mug is worth $1,000.

I agree, it's just a Bob mug. I'd bid $80 for it and let it roll. He might find a more lucrative audience on some Elvis Fan website.

On 2011-12-21 15:54, Loki-Tiki wrote:

On 2011-12-21 14:52, 1961surf wrote:

I agree, it's just a Bob mug. I'd bid $80 for it and let it roll. He might find a more lucrative audience on some Elvis Fan website.

WELL HELL ... an Elvis Blue Hawaii Tiki Bob Mug ?!!!
I live in Hawaii as well as being a longtime fan of the Elvis & TIKI and Tiki mugs!!!
I don't have a single Tiki Bob mug in my collection.
I would throw down $100 --- this object IS the complete package.

S

I wouldn't spend $80 on him with someone elses money.

What is it with Tiki Bob, anyway? He's no tiki, he looks like a damned clown. Gah! The only good Tiki Bob is a broken Tiki Bob.

On 2011-12-23 00:26, swizzle wrote:
What is it with Tiki Bob anyway? He's no tiki, he looks like a damned clown. Gah! The only good Tiki Bob is a broken Tiki Bob.

Ahhhh you broke my heart!

What is it with Tiki Bob, anyway? He's no tiki, he looks like a damned clown. Gah! The only good Tiki Bob is a broken Tiki Bob.

But how do you really feel about 'Bob' Swizzle? :wink:

we still on this?

Did he sell?

he should set up a auction on here and see how it does.. i'll start 150.00!

I always thought he looked like an apple core.

On 2011-12-23 17:17, Big Kahuna wrote:

Haters gonna hate BK!

S

On 2011-12-23 17:17, Big Kahuna wrote:

I can see that. A rotten one.

Pages: 1 27 replies