Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Hi my name is Lori and I'm obsessed....

Pages: 1 10 replies

Hello all!

I just wanted to say that although I have only posted on TC a few times i love the site and am quickly becoming addicted to all things tiki!!! I'm pretty sure it's all YOUR fault, TCers!!! My husband is building me a tiki hut/bar in our backyard and I've been searching the Internet for thatch, bamboo and all things Tiki. I've read so many of your wonderful posts and looked at countless pictures of your wonderful home tiki bars becoming more and more motivated. New Jersey is pretty devoid of all things tiki but I'm gathering items slowly. Although we probably won't create a "true" tiki bar, we both love the tiki and tropical influence.

So, I just wanted to thank you for the wonderful site and all the ideas you have shared in your posts, current & past. Happy Holidays to all! May 2012 be a wonderful year.

Speaking of the holiday I have managed to buy myself 7 tiki mugs, a couple from TC marketplace and the rest from Ebay including a Vegas plastic one from Mr. Smiley. Merry Christmas to me! (this would be what I mean about becoming obsessed)

Sorry if this post is in the wromg place. Don't flame a newbie!

~Lori

Welcome and Mele Kalikimaka to you and your husband. Cheers! :drink:

AT

Aloha Lori, in Jersey your best bet would be http://www.bambooandrattan.com/index.htm welcome to the fabulous world of TIKI !!!

You have no idea what you are in for!
Welcome to TC.

Aloha Lori!!!

Welcome aboard...

T

HAPPY Aloha XMAS Lori & WELCOME!

Welcome to the fray and looking forward to seeing that bar of yours...give it a name and post the development pictures in the home bar forum. Happy hunting on the mugs!!!

Post pics of the tiki hut as it goes up...

Aloha Oe Lori and a Mele Kalikimaka to you!

Also looking forward to seeing pictures of the tiki hut as well.. :)

Welcome and have fun! This is a great e-place!

Thanks everyone!

I will definitely post pictures to document the progress of our build, we're usually good at documenting our progress. I just have to figure out how to get them on the forum. I'll study & get started in home tiki bars. Oh, my husband named it quite unimaginatively as "Lori's tiki bar."

Pages: 1 10 replies