Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

3rd Annual First Official Tiki Party of 2012! Jan 7th

Pages: 1 34 replies

M
Murph posted on Tue, Dec 27, 2011 5:17 PM

Aloha!

To kickoff the New Year right the Waikiki Womb is happy to invite you to the 3rd Annual First Official Tiki Party of 2012!

Saturday Jan. 7th at 7pm in the Womb.

Come join us in Beautiful, Exotic and Forbidden Glendale for a night filled with

• Engaging friends,
  • Classic cocktails,
  • Hors d'oeuvres and
  • Homemade Hoppin' Jon (for Good Luck!) & Cornbread

Please bring a light appetizer to share or fresh limes and lemons.

P.S. The Waikiki Womb Polar Bear Club is looking for new members so bring your swim trunks or cold water survival suit.

Message me for directions to the Womb.

RSVPs appreciated.

Mahalo.

We are so there!

Wow, that place looks great! I'd love to party there.

Not to be missed!

J

:)

We are so there too!!!!!!!!! Thanks Murph

T
TNT posted on Wed, Dec 28, 2011 8:16 PM

We will see you there - not sure about the polar bear club though.
Tim & Teresa

Not yet had the pleasure of visiting the Womb but your pics look amazing. Obviously a lotta love went into the place. Would love to come up for the 7th. Please message me directions.

T

Would like to see the Womb for the first time.
Thanks, Mike & Karen

Definitely attending!

M
Murph posted on Tue, Jan 3, 2012 1:39 PM

It's 81 degrees here at the Womb today!
At this rate you wont need a survival swim suit to join the Polar Bear Club... everyone wear a bikini!

As Polar Bear Swim Club Member #0000000000001, I look forward to a grand repeat performance. I lost my survival suit from last year, so I'll need to see if I can dig up something else.

I'd pay cash money if someone could find me the suit in the middle:

Mike I have that suit for you I'll bring it along! Watch what you wish for :) (ok so I don't have it)
I'll be seeing you with a jug of booze in hand. Can't wait for the annual 1st Tiki Party of the year and to visit and party, Aloha! Happy New Year!

M
Murph posted on Wed, Jan 4, 2012 10:33 AM

I don't know about the horizontal stripes you might want to go with vertical stripes for a more slimming optical effect like the guy in the middle here.

M
Murph posted on Wed, Jan 4, 2012 10:49 AM

Your look last year was definitely more utilitarian.

H

I'm in :)

^^^ y'all crazy last year it was so cold. I like the idea of the vertical stripes on the swim trunks as well mostly because those stripes will make you look like your swimming much faster than you really are. :D Great mustache, left over from the Rumpus Room party?

M
Murph posted on Thu, Jan 5, 2012 1:01 PM

The Black Eyed peas are soaking for the Hoppin' Jon, now just got to run out and get more Rum for the Mai Tais!

M
Murph posted on Fri, Jan 6, 2012 12:50 PM

Everyone remember to bring your Slush Mugs Saturday night for the Mai Tais!

Slush Mugs

"Everybody loves slush."

M
Murph posted on Fri, Jan 6, 2012 2:48 PM

On 2012-01-06 14:42, Capt. R.H. Falernum wrote:

"Everybody loves slush."

Pretty sure he has more than just a soda in that Slush Mug :D

T

Murph seems to be cooking some southern food which inspired me to fire up my smoker. Ill be smoking burnt pork tips and bring my Dr Pepper BBQ dippin sauce. Last halloween I smoked ribs and they only lasted 10 minutes before they were gone. I hope you enjoy them as a sampler so everyone can get some. See ya there.

M
Murph posted on Sat, Jan 7, 2012 12:22 AM

On 2012-01-06 19:43, TIKI-RAY wrote:
Murph seems to be cooking some southern food which inspired me to fire up my smoker. Ill be smoking burnt pork tips and bring my Dr Pepper BBQ dippin sauce. Last halloween I smoked ribs and they only lasted 10 minutes before they were gone. I hope you enjoy them as a sampler so everyone can get some. See ya there.

Excellent!

T
TikiG posted on Sat, Jan 7, 2012 3:23 PM

I'll see everyone tonight at the 'Womb - Happy New Tiki Year everybody!!

On 2012-01-04 08:25, Capt. R.H. Falernum wrote:
As Polar Bear Swim Club Member #0000000000001, I look forward to a grand repeat performance. I lost my survival suit from last year, so I'll need to see if I can dig up something else.

I'd pay cash money if someone could find me the suit in the middle:

I'm wearing mine.

T

Murphs parties are always incredible. Great people filling the place with all sorts of great eats. But the best was murphs jumping bean and rice mix. Perfect for a cold night sitting around the fire. Thank you.

J
JOHN-O posted on Sun, Jan 8, 2012 1:22 AM

Ditto on that !! :)

Thank you Murph for hosting a great party and sharing the Waikiki Womb with us !!

T
TikiG posted on Sun, Jan 8, 2012 6:55 AM

Thanks Murph for hosting us last night, just a beautiful evening all 'round.

A really good time with good folks. The Hoppin' Jon was tasty!

tiki_martin
(aka marty)

[ Edited by: tiki_martin 2012-01-08 09:08 ]

H

Good times last night! Thanks for eveything Murph! Now we just need Tonga Tom to post some pics :)

T

Murph,

Our first visit to the Womb was great. The Hoppin' Jon black eyed peas were awesome. Thanks for the nickel tour.

TT

"Welcome to The Waikiki Womb!"

"Welcome to The Waikiki Womb!"

Tiki Twinkie

"Now you must leave The Waikiki Womb!"

J
JOHN-O posted on Mon, Jan 9, 2012 7:42 PM

Thanks for translating Tonga Tom. Actually this is what I heard…

"Wekim ta da Wageygey Wum…."

Also Tikitastic, Rum Runner, and Bora Boris were not happy when Murph's Hoppin' Jon ran out. :(

Ha ha. :)

Thanks for the great party Murph !!

[ Edited by: JOHN-O 2012-01-09 20:06 ]

T
TikiG posted on Tue, Jan 10, 2012 8:54 AM

Great shots Tom - Thanks for sharing!

WOW! What a great party! A big thank you to Murph for putting this on.

And thank you from this East Coaster to all you locals that I met at the party and at the Tonga Hut the next day for making me feel like I was with old friends.

Pages: 1 34 replies