Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Home Tiki Bars

Forgotten Tiki Room

Pages: 1 2 54 replies

Aloha!!!! I will be posting pics of my tiki room here in a few days. I just scored a tikifarm tiki bar of a guy for $100. Tiki Tony is designing and making my sign for my tiki room. Could not go crazy with bamboo and stuff as much as I like to because place is rented. Mahaloz!!!! :)

This is what I got of the Forgotten tiki room so far. Like I said this bar was a score for a $100. I love tiki and hot rod art as you can see. Artists include Rick rietveld (favorit tiki and surf artist), Tom Big Toe Luara, Doug Dorr, Doug Horne, Tom Thordson aka Thor, Eggie Foust(Mindless Pinstriping), Bamboo Ben, Crazy Al, Shawn Dickinson, Brad Parker(Tiki Shark), Keith weeser, Kelly the Kandystriper(One of the best female pinstripers around in my opinion), my good buddy Tyler Walter(Walt Pinstripng). He has done a few peices for me but the one thats most prevelent is the tiki mask that has the striping done on it. Michael Krazy Tiki from Germany, Tiki Tony, and a few other misc peices. The Creature from the black lagoon lamp was custom made by sci fi artist David Guiterrez. Well!! I hope you like what I have so far. Still in the works but I am happy so far With the Forgotten Tiki room. Mahaloz my tiki friends!!

Lookin' good! Great deal on the bar, nice way to end 2011!

I'm jealous of some of the cool stuff you've collected! Well done! (Well, never really done.)

Great collection. Love that picture of McGarrett with his hair as a wave...ingenious!!!

Thanks guys!!!! @ VimpiressRN. That Book um Dano was done by Rick Rietveld. I think tiki farm made a mug in dedication to this peice but im not sure. I thought I saw it in one of thier collectors catalogs. I would love to score that mug if it exsists :). I wanted to share one more peice I got in the mail today. Its a vintage Lego Hula bust. I see these ever so often on ebay but what makes this one cool is that she has two hibiscus flowers in her hair instead of one which I commenly see on ebay. She also has the lei around her neck.

Are you thinking of the "Buk Um Dano" mug on this page? If so they are still available.

Now you have to work on those white walls and ceiling.

Yup, The first of Ben's Laws...Gotta do it.

@ Mikeytiki. Thats not the mug. I have that one. The one Im talking about is the same concept design as my book um dano art peice I have by Rick Rietveld thats in the photos. @ Bamboo Ben. Wish I could Ben. Thats the first thing I would have done but place is rented out and I cant go crazy on bamboo. I could do something for the cieling I guess to cover up the white. Any suggestions on something I could do that would not cause a whole bunch of damage to the white wall?

Do it on panels then mount them to the walls and lid.
Less holes that way. :wink:

Great art!! got to ask, who's hand mug (?) is that? I don't think i've seen one like it yet.

@ Ka'lenatiki. Its the severed zombie hand mug made by Munktiki (www.munktiki.com). Their $75. I see them on ebay to every now and again. They are very hard to get. They sell out quick whenever they make a new batch.

N

On 2012-01-01 17:12, forgotten tikiman wrote:
@ Ka'lenatiki. Its the severed zombie hand mug made by Munktiki (www.munktiki.com). Their $75. I see them on ebay to every now and again. They are very hard to get. They sell out quick whenever they make a new batch.

Interesting, I was thinking it was Thing from the Addams Family.

Maybe thats where they got the inspiration for it :). I wanted to share this too. My fender guitar. It was striped by my buddy tyler and then I bought a tiki sticker from Doug Horne and this is how it came out. I love this guitar!!! Always rockin out surf.

Ready for the tiki shindig!!!!

OK! I am taking Bamboo Bens advice and I am going to eliminate some of the white out of my tiki room. I found a inexspensive way to cover the ceiling. One of my local hardware stores is selling straw beach mats for $2 a pop. I said to myself "this might work". Have to keep damage minumal since place is rented. So far its working :). Will post pics here shortly to show the tiki room in its final stage.

Ok! So here is the ceiling revamped. I did the best jod I could with the straw mats and it turned out ok. Some spots are patchy. Had to fill in smaller gaps and such. All I need to do now is hang my fishing nets and floats. Should look pretty good when everything is completed.

Here is the forgotten tiki room all done :). Came out looking good for what it is and the fishnetting and floats helped it pop. Now all im waiting for is Tiki Tonys sign hes making for me. Whos coming over for drinks? :). Mahaloz!!!!!

Tiki Tonys design for my sign. Way cool!!!!!!!! :)

Love the lighted eyes in your tiki bar!

Awesome bar and lighting! Especially like the artwork and glass fishing buoys! Great job!

Blue Hawaii at the Forgotten tiki room. Whos in?

Nice to see some of my handy work hanging on the walls cant wait to come up again and have you spoil me with rum hahahaha

You know it Walt Tiki!!! Some of my favorit peices :D

Some new editions to the Forgotten Tikiroom. I got two new Thor prints and this cool Black Pearl model ship made by Disney artist Randy Noble. The lanterns in the back and the cannons light up. Cool effect for the tiki room.

Very cool brother. Thanks for posting the pics.
And yes, that was a hell of a deal on the bar! Good for you dude!
Love the pics.

@ the 75Stingray. Thanks brother!!! :)

HJ

Lovin' the dense art. Good on you!

Here is an update of the tikiroom and whats been added. I went to the international tiki marketplace at Don the beachcomber in HB. I got my sign from tiki Tony which turned out awesome. Big Mahaloz Tony. Scored some cool lamps from Bamboo Ben. One of my favorits being that outrigger lamp. On a special note. To the maker of my cool corner lamp that I have pictured. If you by chance see this and thats your lamp give me a shout. Its such a cool and one of a kind lamp. glad I got it. I bought it from you at the marketplace this march. I did not get your name cause I was so zombied out. Great time :). Driking zombies and q.b coolers at 10:30 in the mourning. I know I need to get rid of the white walls Ben. Stop busting my balls. :wink:.

The green and the blue pieces in the middle of the shelf on the pic right above this, way cool.
Love all your art work....

@Hang10tiki. Thanks. That green tiki head is actually a shift knob done bt Van Chase. The blue shrunken head mug is made by Tiki Tony.

So I wanted to share some of these cool photos and one new peice of art work that I got in the last few months. The story on these photos is that there is a guy I know named Scott. He goes by Captain Scott and he travels up and down the CA coast and searches for cool vintage surf items and all things associated. His wife has a whole bucnch of vintage surf mags, hawaiiana photos, etc. Very cool!!!!

From left to right. Paul Strauch, Joey Cabell, The Duke, Fred Hemmings, Butch van Artsdalen.

Paopao bay, Tahiti.

Lovely island girl.

BigToe, Tom Laura, How about a little head. :wink:

This is the collage I got going on one of my doors. Just got some art from Dawn Frasier and hung up some vintage Aloha cards from Hawaii that date back to 1953-55.

ALOHA!!!!!!

[ Edited by: forgotten tikiman 2012-04-26 20:48 ]

Its been a few months since my last post. Here are some new additions to the tiki room.

Got this Bosko tiki mask and what seems too be a young Marilyn Monroe pin-up canvas. Loved it and had to have it. Purchased at tiki market place at Dons.

Cool little ebay find. Small Maori war club.

Doug Horne Swampfire mask also purchased at tiki market place.

I just made these tiki torch lamps myself. Always cool to have a fire effect in your tiki room. :D

Last a vintage wood fork and spoon pair I found at one of my local thrift stores.

I will have some more pics to follow. I plan to get a lamp built by Nelsons tiki hut that will probably be in the works this coming week.

Hey that's my work, Hope you are enjoying it!

@Atomic tiki punk. Know what. Thats funny. I thought that might have been you. I was all, "wondering if that was atomic tiki punk"? Since I did not know your face. Well. Good to meet you at Dons :). That picture is awesome!! Is that Marilyn Monroe? Did not get a chance to ask you. Sure looks like her.

Yes I took it from that famous photo of Marilyn Monroe in the grass skirt
made the image into a digital painting & colorized it, Then transferred it to canvas
and made the Bamboo frame, I had it hanging in the "Atomic Tiki Lounge" for awhile
before we moved, one of a kind.

Awesome man!!! That makes it even more special. Hanging it proud at the forgotten tikiroom. :D. Thanks again.

This is my recent find for my tiki room. I am so stoked too find this chair. I came across this at one of my local thrift stores. The lady that sold me the chair shared a cool story with me on how she used to own a chair like this and that the room it was in was covered in leapord print and such. Great to hear history like that from old-timers that actually were there in the mid-century when tiki took flight. Chairs like this are very hard to come by in my area. I have been searching and searching for one and finally found it. :D

Great throne

Aloha guys!!! Well I changed some stuff around and added some new things to my Tiki room. Wanted too post some pics. Hope you guys like and enjoy. :D

This is my Rocket I had custom made by Chris Nelson of Nelsons Tiki hut. Great job Chris

My thatched A-frame I got from Bamboo Ben with some Ben Ohana, Bosko, and the thatched Tiki mug shelf also made by Ben.

Rattan shelf thrift store find to hold my liquor :wink:.

Cool Ku Tiki I got from my friend Captain Scott.

And just some rearrangment of one of my corners.

Looks fabulous...and love the rocket ship!!!

The Nelsons Tiki Hut lamp is the Bees Knees!
It is great your supporting all the swell Tiki artists from the scene.

Mahaloz VampiressRN and ATP. @ATP. Could not be happier to support you guys in the scene :D. Heres 2 more shots of the room lite up when its time to set the mood and let the exotica spin.

Hey guys. So rather than posting a new thread, I will continue my outside additions on this thread. I decided to call my ouside retreat The Forgotten Getaway. Here are some pics with captions and there will always be more to come. Tiki never dies. :D

Here is a bar my buddy gave me that he built. Do to some circumstances, he had to move back from the O.C to Pismo beach which is where I live. He just had no room for it. Thought he did a great job.

A-frame I built to give it some good tropical flare.

Tiki mask that I got from a friend and Tiki palm carving that I scored at a thirft shop.

Disney Tiki and just some nautical touches.

Here is a cool mural that I scored from a friend.

So that is what I have for now. Hope you all like what I have so far. Mahalo and Aloha!!!!! :)

Couple of updated pics of my Tiki room. Come along way from the begining. Tiki never dies. :D

This ones kinda blurry but you get the gist.

Here is a few more pics of recent adds.

My lamp from Woody. Aka Kahaka.

Here are a few float lamps from John. Aka TikiSkip.

Woody and John do excellent work. Mahaloz to both. :D

Pages: 1 2 54 replies