Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

New Pendant, pg 2

Pages: 1 19 replies

Took a while off for surgery, but getting back to carving slowly but surely. First couple pics are for an oversized Maori style hook. MEasures about 18" high x 14" wide x 4" deep. Bass

This next is a decently high relief depicting Hawaii's last queen, draped in her quilt. Portion of the Queens Prayer is carved near the bottom. Measures about 4' high x 18" wide x 2" deep. Poplar wood

Last is a commissioned walking stick. Had a really nice time on this... about 40 hours on figured Myrtle. Shark teeth, plumeria and tiki.

Thanks for looking :)

[ Edited by: Polynesian Junk 2012-02-07 08:40 ]

K

Your stuff is so cool that it will suck all the Chill out of Chicago and start a heat wave in Chi-Town! Amazing stuff!

Great carves Scott! I really dig the big hook.

ETR

Now these are some inspiring carves, especially love the big hook
and it's nice to see some tiki-relief carving. Have you posted
carvings before, I'm assuming these are not your first efforts.
Great art!

A
amate posted on Thu, Dec 29, 2011 4:02 PM

W :o W !!!... I will be on the look out for your thread in the future. Very nice!

C
cy posted on Thu, Dec 29, 2011 4:30 PM

Beautiful and full of Aloha Spirit Polynesian Junk!

C

Amazing work! congrats

H

Wow wow wow, excellent work all around. Would be nice to see more detailed pictures of these pieces. There is so much information there...

All three pieces are masterful AND original (at least to my eyes), but this guy really gets me! Show us more!

On 2011-12-29 11:40, Polynesian Junk wrote:

All three pieces are masterful AND original (at least to my eyes), but this guy really gets me!

P

wow!

those are great!

Thanks everyone for the looks and comps :) I'll try to post some more pics soon.
Thanks!

Way cool, diggin' all three! Can't wait to see more!

WOW...that is some carving talent there. NICE WORK!!!!

T

MORE! I'd like some more please?? :lol: Your posts just blew me away! Incredible work PJ. Quite original work and the craftsmanship is out of this world. Thanks for sharing.

M

Bows to junk!

Mahalo

McTiki

Thanks much for the views and feedback! Very appreciated. Here is a pendant I just finished. Combo of bone and tropical wood. I have materials to do several more using this concept. Thanks for looking
Scott

Here, a baby tiki curls up while taking a nap. about the size of my thumb nail.

Some type of tropical hardwood.

Finished pendant with braided cord

Close up

Thanks for lookin... if interested, I have it for sale in the marketplace.
Scott

COOL stuff! That hardwood looks to be Zebrawood.

What a great piece! An original idea that turned out very nice! Good work!

Very nice - love the combo of materials!

B

Aha, I was Wondering who was posting Junk here on TC, and I thought the style looked familiar, Nice Junk Scott, glad to see your stuff here..

Pages: 1 19 replies