Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

New to Tiki, related to a member(haha)love to collect and sell

Pages: 1 3 replies

B

Just introducing myself, as a courtesy, I didn't want to appear stand-offish! First, I'd like to say that I was really intimated by this site. I was a bit afraid that my interests in Tiki paraphernalia, may not agree with Tiki aficionados. My brother in law is a real big Tiki Freak, he carves and collects (and is a member on Tiki Central). He told me that I should register here to find out about something I acquired. After this initial post I will go on the correct forum to ask about my find and seek advise. A little about me, I love old "anything". I collect several different things. But not limited to anything. I collect matchbooks, so I do have some Tiki type/hawaiian ones of those. I always have my eyes open for old bar-ware, including Tiki type stuff. With that said, I read the rules and I do not want to appear to be someone that I am not. I like to buy and sell. I like to get the cool old item to the cool old collector that likes that kind of item. I mostly appreciate items of the past, including old Tiki/Hawaiian stuff. I have been looking through lots of websites and get a kick out of looking at the old restaurants and hotels in Hawaii and the South Seas, postcards and magazines etc. I do own a Mr. Bali Hai Tiki mug and have drank an original Mai Tai at Bali Hai on Shelter Island, so that has to give me a little "street cred!" Oh and I was super pissed when they demolished, Java Lanes in Ling Beach, CA! Mai-Tais and bowling, such a combination!
My username is not of the Tiki type style because I didn't want make up a name that didn't really mean anything to me. I love Baja, and have/love cats, thus "Bajagato". Although my travels to Baja have become less because of crazy Mexico dangers, maybe my new destination will be Hawaii or Figi? Ya never know!
Anyway, with all that said, I hope I can gather info, share cool stuff and meet a few new internet comrades her on Tiki Central!
Mahalo!

Welcome to TC...there is a lot to learn here and you will have a great time checking out all the great posts. HAVE FUN!!!

Cool Man! Welcome to TC. You might want to check out http://www.critiki.com. Its a site where you can check out tiki destinations and you can create a account mark off places you have been. Its pretty sweet. I enjoy browsing that.

HJ

Welcome.

Have fun.

Mix a cocktail, put Cudra Clover Exotica Hour.com on the stereo, be mellow, take your time looking around.

Come back often.

Pages: 1 3 replies