Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Home Tiki Bars

The Beginning

Pages: 1 2 65 replies

Getting my first Tiki Hut build on. Gonna burn all the wood on this baby ! She will be called the "Rhummba"

More Photos folks ! :wink:

[img]https://tikicentral.com/uploads/75814/4f1327e3.jpg[/img

That is going to look great!!! You have a beautiful backyard and the burn turned out nice.

You've already got the torches and the palm trees goin' on, gonna look nice! Keep us posted.

Very nice so far! Can't wait to see how the build develops.

:)

Thanks guys for the comments !! more to come soon. :) Will post a peek of the sign for it soon.

Sneaky Peaky on the sign. :wink:

Nice!!!! Im staying tuned to the build :)

Go, go, go

Some more Pics folks !!

Water proofing the roof !!

Looking great so far. Awesome fan/lamp combo.

Chris

Don't forget to wire some outlets for additional decorative lighting, some glass floats, Puffer Fish etc.

One more time, I'm new to the site and love what I've seen so far especially the home tiki bar section.

jeff

Got a few more pics here folks. Got the thatch roof put on and im quite happy with things so far. Also had the baby wired up with multiple plugs everywhere. This baby sits where we used to have our spa, so its wired for 220, which leaves me plenty of power. Little bit more pics below.

Here is the full sign which is almost finished.

You got some good bones to work with, Now decorate!
want to see pics of that first cocktail when its done!

Great start. That sign is very very cool. Can't wait to see more. Remember "layers, layers, layers".

This guy keeps things in order when im not around ! :wink: its o'l Capt Jack !!

I had worked on restoring an old pub table that i had sittin the garage. sanded it and restained and sealed it for out doors. It didn't have any chairs to go with it so i went ahead and made some. i liked them so much that i decided to turn them out for the Rhummba !! The other one i did in the pic was a prototype recliner which needs some serious refining. the legs are too bulky and the chair ways a ton LoL !! but hey ! its a proto type and gotta start somewhere !! :wink:Hope You all like !!

Here is a pic of the finished sign for the Rhummba. it was done by a good friend of mine who is a professional artist. Her work is awesome !! Hope you guys like it. Its gonna go into the middle of a bigger sign which will be framed out in Turtle Bamboo strips and then jungle folige added to it, ala Disney Jungle Cruise style. Tell me what you guys think !! :) If you guys have any questions about anything or the sign just shoot me a message. Her work is very reasonable. Thanks again for lookin !

Sign, and bar, look great. Blonde, red and dark, one of each flavor.

HaHa i like the firecracker behind the bar cause shes tryin ta get me drunk !! just gotta watch out for the lil guy behind the bar or he'll put some voodoo hex on ya !! lol

I thought maybe you put the firecracker behind the bar because she couldn't find her shorts! :D

(Edited to remove a question that had already been answered :) )

Never get Tazed on a full bladder.
Life is short, smile while you still have your teeth.

[ Edited by: MadDogMike 2012-01-25 06:31 ]

Here are a couple of planters i picked up out in Corona.

[ Edited by: rhummbatito55 2012-01-22 18:12 ]

very nice!!!!

lookin good

New Booze shelves !! :wink:

Heres some more pics folks !!

W

That's a beautiful bar you have.

I'm with wayfarer. That is freakin awesome. Thanks for sharing the build process with all of us.

Q

Ditto the last two posts! Excellent work.

I love the pic at dusk... Very nice!!

Cheers!

Gearing up for our Luau 2012 !! More pics below !!

Im diggin this build. The ambient lighting and tikis are cool. Like that pirate in the crows nest as well. Great idea. Thumbs up :). Aloha!!!

me like
now me thirsty

Yes folks !! my new Favorite !!

D
Danno posted on Mon, May 7, 2012 10:00 AM

Yessssss, very nice. Time to "kick it" and imbibe in a cocktail, or two, or three, or . . .

Monotikitiu !!!

Been getting ready for our Luau 2012 ! Making some Tiki tribal Skeletons for the Hut !!

I like those!

It just keeps getting better and better. I love those pictures at dusk too. FABULOUS!!!

The Natives are restless tonight !!

Still have one more guy to add to the top still !

Those skinny dudes rock
Way cool

T

Sweet skeletons! Just may have to borrow that idea! Are these guys halloween shop purchases? Did you just glue them into position? Waterproofing? Info on the dead guys please.

[ Edited by: TikiReno 2012-06-04 21:49 ]

Bought these online from Buckey skeletons. unscrewd them all and then started posing them and hotgun gluing them. when it came to the hands i cut each digit to reform them to hold the spears or point etc. made the outfits outta extra thatch, and small child hula skirts from Michaels. didnt seal them as they are made outta hard plastic. They are just smaller versions of my capt jack up in the crows nest. need to get crackin as Luau is this coming Saturday !!my friends think im nutzz but i love doing this stuff !!

Pages: 1 2 65 replies