Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Welcome Hakalugi as TC's new Admin!

Pages: 1 20 replies

Aloha everyone,

As mentioned in my goodbye topic, Hakalugi is taking over for me as the new Admin. This is the first time anyone other than me has had admin controls and I want to explain to everyone what that means.

Here's a list of things Admins can do:

• Ability to ban and delete users
  • Authority to settle user disputes
  • Ability to modify user names
  • Ability to see user's emails (but NOT edit them, more on that later)
  • Ability to create and modify forums
  • Access to Cool and Current votes and U-Mods (previously I was the only one who could see those)
  • Access to emails that come from the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the page
  • Access to TikiShout Abuse reports
  • Access to all forums
  • Add and remove Moderators for forums
  • All Moderator powers (Edit posts, move topics)

Here's a list of what Admins CANNOT do:

• Admins CANNOT log in as you or as other users
  • Admins CANNOT read other's PMs
  • Admins do NOT have access to the raw database
  • Admins CANNOT view or change user's passwords
  • Admins CANNOT change user email addresses (see below)

Regarding email addresses: I removed the power for Admins other than me to edit email addresses. This was done so that the onus of account security falls solely on me.

Haka has been running Tiki Central for more than a few months now and has been doing a great job. I'm still on board to help guide policy making and general direction of the site, but I've given him the authority to carry the mission of Tiki Central forward. In other words, if you ever wanted to email me about something regarding the site, you should now email Hakalugi!

I want to thank him for stepping up to the challenge. Let's welcome hakalugi in his new role!

~Hanford

[ Edited by: hanford_lemoore 2012-01-18 11:24 ]

This was a wise decision to pick Hakalugi, he is your man!

Please let my family go now H, we will not say a thing! we never saw your face, Please!

T

Welcome, Lord Haka. I am your most your most obedient supplicant. My Tiki soul is yours to instruct and command...

Mahalo,

-Tom

I say "Let's get in a big flame-war to test Hakalugi's leadership capabilities"

JUST KIDDING :lol: Karl, thanks for accepting this challenge, I have no doubt you will do an awesome job.

Mike, I think that slowly it would be time to update your Monkey signature: The larger the signature image, the quicker it gets old....

Yes, welcome Hakalugi, I have always admired your well-tempered posts and educated observations.

I have a question right away: Right now, I am getting those pesky side bar ads all the time, why is that?

(edited for mis-spelling "Hakaligi" :) )

[ Edited by: bigbrotiki 2012-01-17 08:28 ]

Welcome Haka! I don't see "have a cocktail" on the "cannot do" list.
:drink:
ETR
Sven, clear your browser and hop onto TC directly from the address bar. Opening TC from another site will cause the ads. I think.

Got Greyhounds? Viva Kate!

[ Edited by: Mr. NoNaMe 2012-01-17 08:42 ]

Sven, You may have been infected with the dreaded "Parothead Spyware"
be sure to spray some good rum on your monitor & run the Tiki Central Anti-virus app!

Welcome, oh great & powerful Hakalugi!

T

Welcome Hakalugi, glad to have you aboard.

Sven,

Sidebar ads show up when you follow a link from a NON-TC site onto a TC TOPIC. So, from google to a tc topic, or from Facebook to a tc topic. (this was designed to show ads to non-tc users. People using google and stumbling upon TC)

if you go directly to the TC homepage first, that should signal TC to not show the ads.

Anyway, if they're on Try clicking here to turn ads off. I think this should work.

Ach soh! Now I get it.

Aloha! Haka! And Thank You! Hanford, I feel kind of blue.... Thank You Too :cry:

Harim gut olgeta - Hakalugi em i nau nambawan administreta long Tiki Central! Hakalugi em i nau bigpela man - i gat plenti save na pawa!

Listen up everyone - Hakalugi is now the chief administrator of Tiki Central! Hakalugi is now an important man - he has great knowledge and power!

CN

GOD SAVE THE LUGI!

TS

Welcome O great new admin...all hail to the new boss! Thank you Hanford for all your hard work. This place is the coolest!
Tiki Slob

V

Hakalugi, congrats ! You're the man of the situation. Now, can you post a picture of yourself, I don't think I ever saw your mug ?!

On 2012-01-18 10:13, virani wrote: I don't think I ever saw your mug ?!

his 'tiki' mug?

congratz Hakalugi !

On 2012-01-17 08:26, bigbrotiki wrote:

Why bother. It's misspelled in the subject line anyway. In Italy, I think he's known as Hakaluigi.

More than congratulations I'm thinking one big Thanks! Thanks for taking this on.

...then I go and misspell something...

[ Edited by: The Gnomon 2012-01-18 11:25 ]

Whoops. That's what I get for posting drunk. Fixed.

Sorry Haka!

On 2012-01-18 11:23, The Gnomon wrote:

On 2012-01-17 08:26, bigbrotiki wrote:

Why bother. It's misspelled in the subject line anyway. In Italy, I think he's known as Hakaluigi.

More than congratulations I'm thinking on big Thanks! Thanks for taking this on.

Malo Kâtoa!

That's Tongan for "Thanks everyone"! Well at least I think that might be a close translation. I hope I'm not off and that it's actually something offensive. Is it possible? Okay, to any Tongans reading this, please accept my apologies if I in any way said something offensive. It was not intentional. In the future I'll stick to English.

Pages: 1 20 replies