Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Our New Mid Century Decor

Pages: 1 7 replies

I thought I would share a couple of pictures of our new house. We purchased a Mid Century Modern Ranch in Michigan on a river. It's beautiful but has been neglected for a very long time. Trying very hard to get it back to the way it was and had some awesome finds in the last few weeks. We've had the Witco for awhile, but just found the lamp as well as the Pearl of Wisdom picture. Let me know if I'm headed in the right direction. Oh and the paint color is NOT the one I'm going with, just stuck with it for awhile. Had to sneak my dog in too...her name is KITTY! She says HI UNCLE TRAV!!

What, are you teasing us, more pics please
your Witco is the same one hanging in the Tonga Hut.

Show us more, please!

I'm ga ga over that lamp. Sometimes waiting a while to pain can be good as the room will have to to adjust to the decor and you will soon figure out what color to go with. I am not a witco fan, but I do like the pictures...especially the map one. Shout out from Kato & MiMi, my two Goldens, to Kitty...that pad is barkalicious.

Thanks so much guys! I wish I had more pics to post, but we are just starting and there is much to repair inside and out. We bought the house sight unseen from Florida at auction. Thankfully I had my brother...Tiki Central's own Uncle Trav who was able to come check the house out and let us know that the bones were there and it was worth saving. I'll post more as we make progress, the funs just starting! Thanks again for all your nice comments!

Love the house !! It's one of those rare houses that you get a great feeling from the first time you walked through the door. One of my favorite things is the square burgundy color tub in the bathroom. The floor to ceiling corner windows have a great view from the livingroom to the Gun river and the huge front yard. Stone planters along the front and around the side terrace add a mid century flavor to the outside as well as the monolithic chimney for the fireplace. The original garage door for this house has to weigh three hundred pounds and four of us couldn't lift the thing. My brother-n-law was able to get the original 1953 garage door opener to work perfectly....just plain awesome. I think my brother-n law said it best when my sister asked over the phone from Florida how the house "felt" he said "it felt relieved". After two years sitting empty and neglected the house is now slowly returning to what it once was, a beautiful home.

So cool! Few houses seem to be allowed to keep their character anymore.

Aww Uncle Trav you almost made me cry! It's been a rough road, but I'm home now, my house is getting happier and happier, and I am as well. Thanks again everybody, can't wait to show you how it comes back to life, bringing me along with it.

Pages: 1 7 replies