Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Recipe: Ku's Elixer

Pages: 1 6 replies

Aloha all my friends of TC. I have created a new drink called Ku's Elixer and I wanted to share it with all of you and tell me what you think. This drink is my first official creation. All I ask is that if you really like this drink and serve it to others that you give me due credit. On a side note!! One of the ingredients I use is mango syrup. I used Torani or kerns mango cause thats what is readilly available in my area. If you have a higher quality mango ingredient, go for it and use it. But as far as I know this is a good balanced drink. So here it is.

1oz lime juice (fresh squezzed always)
1/2oz lemon juice (fresh squezzed always)
1oz pineapple juice (fresh squezzed or canned dole)
1oz orange (fresh squezzed or 100% not from concentrate such as simply orange)
1oz kerns guava necter
1/2oz simple syrup ( I have been using depaz cane syrup forever because its such high quality but I think its getting discontinued)
1 1/2oz light puerto rican rum (I used Don Q cristal)
1oz brandy
1/2oz mango syrup (I used torani or kerns mango)
1/2oz grenadine (I use stirrings pomegranate grenadine. Dont use cherry flavored)
Dash of Angostura bitters

Add all ingredients to cocktail shaker. Add ice and shake well. Pour unstrained in tall glass or tiki mug.

Well thats it!! As you can see this is a big drink. Some of you might think that this drink sounds really or to sweet. But I think you will be surprised. If you like more tart in the drink you can substitute the mango syrup for passion fruit syrup or puree. I hope yiu enjoy!!!! Mahaloz!!!!!

This is a nice fruity drink with the flavors well-balanced.
I had to make a few adjustments based on ingredients at hand: Used passion fruit nectar instead of guava; used organic mango juice instead of syrup (works well with the added simple syrup); and "Honeybell Oranges" are in season here so I fresh-squeezed one for the orange juice. The lemon and lime juice quantities are just right, but on my next one I think I'll up the rum to a full 2 ounces.

Good job, lad!

On 2012-01-24 14:55, GentleHangman wrote:
...but on my next one I think I'll up the rum to a full 2 ounces.

Did you use the white rum/brandy combo? What about finding a suitable aged Jamaican rum instead?

I did use the rum/brandy combo . . . the Jamaican substitute has merit. I think I'll try it with some Appleton VX . . . but I'll up it to 2 oz and see what that does.
Thanks for the suggestion!

Many Mahaloz guys for showing your interest in the drink. @ gentle hangman, Glad you liked it :). The only reason I used 1 1/2oz of rum was to conserve. My friends who come to my tikiroom love this drink. But 2oz will work just fine :D. Happy you guys are experimenting with the drink too!!!!!

Just wanted to mention that if you float 3/4oz to an 1oz of Myers dark rum it gives the drink a little bite at the end for those who like that. Gives it a great aroma too. :D

Aloha!! Just wanted to post this picture of what the Ku's Elixer turns out like. Its a nice amber coloration. :)

Pages: 1 6 replies