Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Li Po Mai Tai

Pages: 1 6 replies

D
dcman posted on Sat, Jan 28, 2012 5:07 AM

Does anyone have an inkling of what is the Mai Tai at the Li Po Cocktail Lounge in San Francisco?

dcman

No but this is from the internet:

"The highlight of this concoction is mysterious Chinese liqueur in a brown ceramic bottle with absolutely no English writing on it. With Federal labeling laws being what they are, that means it probably isn't legal (enticing, right?), or it could just be a relic refilled with 151. The Chinese Mai Tai (CMT) spends precisely .37 seconds in the blender: a mere formality, like waving the bottle of vermouth over a bone-dry martini.

Key Ingredients: Whaler's Dark Rum, Castillo Light Rum, Bacardi 151 Rum, Mysterious Chinese Liqueur, Pineapple Juice"

D
dcman posted on Wed, Feb 1, 2012 12:21 PM

It is the "mysterious chinese liqeuer" that has my interest - could be something as wonderful as ginger liqeuer, could be something as awful as snake wine.

dcman

Perhaps it is the delicious Chines Rose Whiskey served by Richard Mah at the Yee Mee Loo and Good Luck bar?
It looked somewhat like this:

could it be Ng-ka-py, also known as opium in a bottle?

W

On 2012-02-01 12:21, dcman wrote:
It is the "mysterious chinese liqeuer" that has my interest - could be something as wonderful as ginger liqeuer, could be something as awful as snake wine.

dcman

I have it on good authority you shouldn't knock the snake wine until you try it. Just don't make any plans for the next day or the day after.

D
dcman posted on Thu, Feb 2, 2012 9:56 AM
Tiki Central - Exception

Oh no.

An error occurred. Site administrators have been notified of the error.