Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

A New Collection of Extra Large Wall Hangings From Lake Tiki

Pages: 1 26 replies

I started the year off big with this collection of extra large wall hangings.
Each is hand carved from White Pine and some have hand painted details. All are ready to hang in your home or tiki bar.

Quick and easy shipping to your door via UPS. Please PM me or email me at [email protected] for a very reasonable shipping quote.
As always, your tiki art will be wrapped up tight for safe shipping and shipped promptly.
Easy payment via PayPal.

Thanks for looking!

Dave

Marquesan Adze Pair
23" H x 9" W Each

These Marquesan Tikis are based on a traditional adze that hangs in the Mai Kai
in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Lot's of detail carving in each.

$250.00 plus shipping [

"Lono Trio"
Each is 27" H x 5.5" W

Polynesian Pop Inspired Panels
Hand carved and hand painted details

$150.00 plus shipping SOLD

"Marquesan Explorers"
36" W x 14.5" H

Ornately carved Marquesan Outrigger.
Removable Spears. Raffia Tassels. Ready to hang.

$200.00 plus shipping. This piece is sold, but I'd be happy to take orders on these as there have been a few inquiries. Please PM me or email me with your interest and I can give you a timeline to get one to you.

Rarotongan Staff God
42" H x 8" W

These averaged about thirteen feet in length, though some were longer.
Missionaries tore many to pieces, but some were saved and sent to England.
Usually only the upper portion has survived. This is what my piece is based on.

$225.00 plus shipping

Papua New Guinea Spirit Board
30" H x 9" W

Spirit boards were the embodiment of benevolent spirits that helped families in everyday life.
They were kept in family shrines as reminders of the continual presence of clan spirits.

$150.00 plus shipping

"Roof Panel"
33" H x 8.5" W

This piece was inspired by the region of Lake Sentani, Papua Province, Indonesia. Papua or Irian Jaya forms part of the bigger island of New Guinea –
to the eastern part of the island, is the sovereign state of Papua New Guinea (PNG). Art forms were shared between the peoples of both sides of the island.
Carved and painted plaques like this one adorned the roofs of ceremonial men's houses where initiation rituals were held. In this piece,
the design depicts opposing marine spirits with large-eyes, barbed heads. The serpentine legs of the spirits terminate in fish forms, and other bird and
fish shapes surround the figures.

$150.00 plus shipping

"Idol of Hiva Oa."
11" W x 25" H

Ornately carved traditional Marquesan Tiki.

$150.00 plus shipping

Lower Sepik Region Suspension Hook

40" H x 11" W
Ornately carved and painted hooks like this are used inside PNG houses for hanging up net bags and other household articles.
This is a traditional size for these hooks.

$225.00 plus shipping

Lower Sepik Region Shield
37" H x 11.5" W

Hand painted details in the traditional colors of the Lower Sepik Region.

$250.00 plus shipping -

[ Edited by: Lake Surfer 2012-03-31 23:23 ]

Wow! :o

Absolutely beautiful stuff as always, Dave.
Is there anybody better??

Blue Kahuna and Happy Buddah... thanks to you both for the kind compliments! Very much appreciated.

So cool to know I'm going to get to see (or more) of these in person!

PM sent!

Dave,

Glad I was able to grab one of these special pieces for my tiki room! Already clearing a spot on the hall way entry to scare off any evil spirits, unfriendly natives or unruly tourists! These look incredible as always! Mahalo!

Larry

Wow...fabulous work...PM sent.

Kevin,

It will be good to see you at Don's in a few weeks!
Missed ya at the Forbidden Island sale last fall!
Safe travels to you and Vic!

Carl,

Thank you very much for your purchase! Enjoy your new tiki art!

Larry,

Thanks for your ind compliments and thanks for adding a very special piece to your collection!
Hard to part with that one, but I know it will have a good home!

VampiressRN,

PM sent back, and thanks for your kind compliment!
I look forward to possibly creating a new piece for you.

I love Lake Tiki's work. Here's a pic of the tiki Dave built for me in it's new home.

Yep, i better get another... PM coming.

-scott noteboom

Thanks for the very nice compliment Scott!

He looks great in his natural environment back there!

Very nice pieces still available! And I am taking orders for more "Marquesan Explorers" pieces.

[ Edited by: Lake Surfer 2012-02-23 09:17 ]

Aloha Dave!

Mark the Marquesan adze pair as SOLD and on their way to sunny Arizona! Glad I was able to grab these before somebody else started to admire them as much as we do! Check for the rum money in the special Tahitian-Tiki secret bank account! Mahalo! Larry

Thank you Larry!

Just a heads up... I'll be vending at the International Tiki Market Place at Don the Beachcomber's this Sunday!

Lot's of great new pieces available!

Amazing! I want the entire set! Well, maybe when I make some more money.

Yee Haw...got my "Marquesan Explorers" and it is fabulous. I have a place all picked out for them to explore from. It will be a while before they get to their posts, but when they are up I will take a picture. Thanks...love it!!!

Dave, I thought I would post a few photos showing your outstanding artwork displayed in Dexter’s Pali Uli-
Where you lose yourself and find the key to paradise! Here are just a few images....we have "tiki creep" in our little hut where tiki style continues to spread like a rising tide with a setting sun! Enjoy the view!

On 2012-03-24 20:57, VampiressRN wrote:
Yee Haw...got my "Marquesan Explorers" and it is fabulous. I have a place all picked out for them to explore from. It will be a while before they get to their posts, but when they are up I will take a picture. Thanks...love it!!!

Marlene, thanks so much for the commission! I had a lot of fun creating it for you and I am happy that you like the finished product!
Enjoy, and I look forward to seeing a picture of them in their new home!

On 2012-03-25 12:50, Quasimodo57 wrote:
Dave, I thought I would post a few photos showing your outstanding artwork displayed in Dexter’s Pali Uli-
Where you lose yourself and find the key to paradise! Here are just a few images....we have "tiki creep" in our little hut where tiki style continues to spread like a rising tide with a setting sun! Enjoy the view!

Larry, what else can I say but "WOW."

You've got an incredible collection of Lake Tiki in your home, and every piece in a very well thought out place. I'm very honored.

Very surreal remembering the creation of each and every piece and then seeing them all hanging on your walls.

Many thanks for your wonderful and continued support of my carving habit!!!

Dave,

I thought you would enjoy a few photos of the Lake Tiki Gallery in Arizona! Of course, there is a lot more that I did not post, however we always have more room for Lake Tiki carvings in our little hut! Mahalo!

K
kirby posted on Mon, Mar 26, 2012 6:17 PM

Quasimodo57... You have great taste, good to see you helping support good ole lake tiki he deserves more collectors like you!!

what kirby and Dave said..
Good stuff
nice pics

Another section we just put together....the photo is from 1981 of my wife and I-we were tiki before it was fashionable again!

Jack and Kirby... thanks much guys for the kind words!

Larry... thanks again for the pictures and providing such a great home for all those creations.

Many, many memories in each and every piece that I see hanging on your walls!

I hope they are bringing you as much joy as they brought me creating them!

Hi i live in New Zealand and have started to collect masks fro the neighboring islands ,ive bought a wall hanging mask but i dont know how old or where its from,so how could i post a photo of it,thanks

Wow, these are some amazing photos of some amazing carvings. I think the aqua shelving is equally inspired. Kudos!

Pages: 1 26 replies