Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

The Exotic Girl Thread

Pages: 1 2 57 replies

J

Tura Satana… Exotic or ExoticA ??

Well she certainly had an authentic "Exotica" mixture of Japanese, Filipino, Cheyenne Indian, and Scotts-Irish. No need for make-up or elaborate costumes to create that illusion of ambiguous ethnicity.

And for what it's worth she has been an iconic figure in a lot of Tiki Revival art…

Also she actually hung out in Tiki bars. Here she is celebrating her 69th birthday at Forbidden Island with a Tiki birthday cake…

But I think the one thing working against her is her lack of approachability, a quality that all true ExoticA girls should possess. She was more likely to beat you up than anything else…

I always thought her "Faster Pussycat, Kill… Kill !!" co-star Haji fit better into that bill.

Check this 1967 Russ Meyer film where Haji does a lot of sexy Exotica dancing (just ignore the added soundtrack)…

Tura Satana (RIP) is Exotic !!

But Haji is ExoticA !! :)

G
GROG posted on Wed, Mar 14, 2012 3:22 AM

By the way (Just veering a little off-topic) the guy on the right is Atomikitty's father in-law. Her hubby, Adam's daddy.

On 2012-02-25 14:06, JOHN-O wrote:

And to get this back on topic: Indian actress Aishwarya Rai---very exotic.

GROG miss Tiki-Kate

[ Edited by: GROG 2012-03-14 03:23 ]

J

Yes Indian women are very Exotic.

Especially if they're bald-headed and from Outer Space !!

Also I'll bet Atomikitty could pull the outfit below off...

Atomikitty is Exotic !!

[ Edited by: JOHN-O 2012-03-14 08:55 ]

On 2012-02-25 14:23, Chuck Tatum is Tiki wrote:
John-O, the first pic (From OST episode "By Any Other Name" is actually
Warren Stevens & Barbara Bouchet, Not Barry Nelson.

Warren Stevens, 1919-March 27, 2012

Star Trek.com: Warren Stevens

Yea sure, it seems like this should be in Dead Thread but it was more relevent here since it was discussed in previous post...

I grew up watching some gorgeous exotic Japanese girls -

Meiko Kaji

Sue Shiomi

The Peanuts - Mothra Twins

We have our very own "Exotica Girl" with Ms. Dinah DeRosa!

On 2012-03-09 18:35, JOHN-O wrote:
Another genre of "Exotic" girl during the 1950's and 60's was the sexy Country/Hillbilly/White Trash girl. Clearly the archetype was defined in the comic strip "Lil' Abner" which featured such buxom Country beauties like Daisy Mae Yokum…

Country girls are "Exotic" !!!

I wonder if John-O's post might have been the inspiration for the 2013 Tiki Oasis theme?

J

Actually King Bushwich, I think this other thread I started 2 years ago is a better argument for the connection between Hillbilly/Country and Poly Pop.

And the Tiki Oasis that I (and Lucas Vigor) would really like to take some credit for is last year's "South of the Border" theme. :D

J
JOHN-O posted on Sat, Feb 9, 2013 1:43 PM

The 1960's were a good era for sexy puppets. Gerry Anderson's shows (Fireball XL-5, Stingray, Thunderbirds) usually delivered the wooden goods...

But the hottest puppet (stop motion actually) was probably Francesca in Rankin Bass's "Mad Monster Party"...

Puppets are Exotic !!

On 2013-02-09 13:43, JOHN-O wrote:
But the hottest puppet (stop motion actually) was probably Francesca in Rankin Bass's "Mad Monster Party"...

One of the writers for "Mad Monster Party?" was Harvey Kurtzman. Francesca was probably inspired by one of Kurtzman's characters from his other literature...

Pages: 1 2 57 replies