Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Hello out there! these are some of my carvings...

Pages: 1 35 replies

Hello tiki lovers!
Ok, so i'm new on tiki central and it seems like i can read and read and read over here, damn it's big...!! well, i'm carving since april 2009 and i'll post some pics...tell me what you think!
Thanks and read y'all somewhere later!
greetz!

Nice work!What is the wood you are using on those? You have some nice detailing in there!

Welcome!!

thanks! most of these carving are oak, ..;real hard wood...! at the moment i'm using "canada" which is way more smooth...
greetz!

T

Wow - luv em! Great style, very clean work. Thanks for posting. Luv the Kon Tiki one, very cool!

S

good to see ya over here !

R

Great work!

Wow, I thought you were already over here!
I've seen your great tikis on facebook, but not your sleeves, nice! There's a thread here for that, too.

Wow, I thought you were already over here!
I've seen your great tikis on facebook, but not your sleeves, nice! There's a thread here for that, too.

P

Great work!

Welcome to the party!

Cool, and creative stuff wim!
Keep postin'!

M

Wonderful work Wim. Many styles and ranges. Welcome aboard. What are your tools of choice?

Mahalo

McTiki

B

WOW, Excellent Stuff Flap, Glad you finally made it to TC, Great detail on those tikis.

Awesome

Thanks all for the kind words! if you wanna see what i'm doin'...add me on facebook...
greetz wim thielemans

N

Very cool stuff...cant wait to see some more!

A

Very impressive work. Look forward to seeing more.

Hay Flap,
Looks like you got this thing we call Tiki going on.
Ceramics too. Those guys are gonna like you.
Welcome, keep us posted.
Will
Where are you?

Thanks! yeah i'm having big fun allready for a few years with TIKI :)
I live in belgium , europe, this summer me and the girlfriend are going to french polynesia, and hope to catch u^p with some local carvers!
The ceramic stuff, i just started a few months ago, it's a whole fifferent thing but so fun! I just finished e new one, the marquesan coconut :) I'll post some pics at the other page where i'm supposed to post it right? For the ceramic stuff?
greetz and thanks so much for the nice feed back!

Hay real cool.
Judging from the palm trees you must
be in southern Belgium.
Flap you can post all your stuff on one thread so
every one can see all your stuff together.
We don't stand on formality hear &
nobody bites.

Well, nobody bites unless you ask nicely :wink:

Welcome to TC!
My you have been busy, excellent tikis and ceramics! Looking forward to seeing your next carvings, and how you finish off the coconut mug.
Cheers!

wow! i'm glad people don't bite over here! no for real, glad to see all these positive people over here.
At the moment i'm carving a tiki which will be a trade with the german artist "michael"KTA, krazy tiki art" who does real nice tiki carvings! check him if you can! i will post a pic when we do the trade 'cause it has to be a surprise for both off course, we both do a 1m50 tiki.
The wood over here ain't palm, 'cause heel no we don't have 'em over here! unfortunately! 'cause the wood we got, most of it is damn hard...oak and stuff...
I posted the mugs i'm making on the "other stuff" part at tiki carving , so check 'em out if you will!
greetz!

Wow nice work! Very cool. I've been looking for inspiration and looks like I found it here. Keep posting please...

Hi y'all!
have been workin' on the house, so haven't made too many new stuff... but 2 of 'em you can see, and also a big trade with Michael "KTA" krazy tiki art from germany! Those pics i can't post now 'cause he's making mine at the moment and it has to stay a surprice you know... so pics later!
hope you like these!

C
cy posted on Wed, Apr 18, 2012 8:10 AM

Fantastic and innovative flap!

S

Very Nice! love the poles and what you did with the color contrast.

wasn't happy with the stain so i gave him a "tan"!

this weekend my buddy from germany, michael krazy tiki art will come over for our big trade!! looking forward to it! will post pics of both tikis on sunday!!

On 2012-04-18 07:55, wim"flap"thielemans wrote:

This one is cool, like the two tone effect!

some smaller stuff of today...

Open that bottle please!cheers! B-)

another new one! trade i made for the german artist michael krazy tiki art!

M

Freakin beautiful sticks! Wim rocks!

Now where's my Marquesan coconut mug?

Mahalo

McTiki

LIKE!

thanks McTiki!
mugs aren't too friendly to me last days...they come out of the kiln with cracks in it :( so i have to figure out what's goin' wrong. I'll keep you posted 'bout it!
greetz!

P

very nice stuff wim...

very original style & solid carves.

I dig all of it brother.

thanks bro! nice to hear! (read that is...) :)

Great work as always! The other guy does good stuff as well!

F

Greatt tikis you got || Congra

Pages: 1 35 replies