Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Central Ohana

Hewey & Liana are engaged!

Pages: 1 9 replies

H
hewey posted on Thu, Feb 23, 2012 4:10 AM

Liana and I met on Tiki Central a few years ago now. I remember thinking when she joined that it was pretty cool that there was a young chick from Australia on here, and she was pretty cute too. Pity she lived interstate and she was a few years younger than me.

We got to talking in Shout, and I found we had a lot of similar tastes beyond tiki stuff - vintage design and architecture, old cars, rockabilly, camping etc. It didn't take long and I was fairly well smitten! Over the next month or so we'd chat and chat, and well a couple of TCers were helping things along behind the scenes :lol: :lol: However she wasn't super keen to give out her number or me to come up. At that stage Marcus announced he was be going to be having his annual luau and the excuse for me to travel interstate and meet her in person was set. Needless to say that really well, and at the end of the weekend she relented and gave me her number! :lol: :lol:

What followed was two years of dating when we lived 750km (470 miles) apart! Of course we managed to tie the monthly trips in with whatever was happening in our respective states - I think the first 3 times she came to Sydney were for a hot rod show, to see the Stray Cats play, and then the hot rod nationals! This pretty much set the standard for the rest of the trips, scouring vintage stores, riding our cruiser bikes, going to car shows, and hanging out by the surf or in the mountains. After she finished her university studies, she moved down to live with me and has been here ever since. And ever since we've been having a great time doing all these things together too.

So when I proposed, I figured what better way to do it than doing the things we loved? So on the day we got up at 5.30am and went to a swap meet to look for old car parts and whatever other vintage items took our fancy. From there we headed down the coast and went for a swim at the beach, followed by lunch on the grass overlooking the ocean. After lunch we went for a walk along the rockpools which is where I popped the question. The afternoon was finished off by checking out some vintage stores and then a drive home through some gorgeous national park. No expensive dinner in front of a room full of srangers, just a simple day with my baby. Perfect :D

And of course a standard ring wasn't going to cut it, so I had this art deco inspired ring made up for her. :D

Good on ya mate! Congratulations.
And that's one gorgeous engagement ring.
You sound like a perfect match.

Cheers to you both

[ Edited by: Kon-Hemsby 2012-02-24 00:31 ]

Congratulations and best wishes for a great life together.

What a great story! May you have many many years together doing the things you love with the one you love. Congrats!

It's about time!!!! :D Congratz to both of you, best wishes and all. Beautiful scenery you have over there. Speaking of beautiful, I have seen pictures of Liana but I think those are the first pictures I have seen of you Hewey.

Congratulations Hewey and Liana!
What wonderful news!
Wishing you both warm breezy days
and steamy tropical nights
every day of your shared lives together!
Excellent!

Congratulations & best of luck to you both!

J

Congratulations!

Congrats!!

H
hewey posted on Sun, Feb 26, 2012 2:34 PM

Thanks everyone :D

Pages: 1 9 replies