Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Moai Mosaic Kit - Does anyone have pictures?

Pages: 1 9 replies

C

Found this Saturday when out hunting....

It looks like the home kit that was only partly finished with the remaining tiles or pattern nowhere in sight.

Does anyone have a picture of what the original Moai Mosaic kit looked like when complete? I've seen pictures of the bigger one made with glass tiles. This one is made with the small square ceramic tiles. While I could come up with my own background based on the big original one without a problem, it would be great to see the original vision, if anyone has a picture of what the small kit looked like??

Mahalo for any assistance!

C

It's been quite a while since I posted this.

In the interim, I did use the pictures on the other thread as well as others I was able to source to determine how I was going to finish the partially completed mosaic I had found.

And, our fabulous local carver amate just finished carving a beautiful frame for it for me & it was delivered to me today.
(You can check out amate's carvings here: http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=34155&forum=7)

I am very happy with how it turned out vs. the somewhat sad piece I found. :D

I just LOVE how the frame turned out - it complements the piece so very nicely!!!
Mahalo to Amate for doing such beautiful work!

That is really awesome. Nice job!

EJ

Nice Job!!

That's stunning - both the frame and your mosaic work. Congratulations.

8T

Congrats on your find and for seeing it through to a NICE finished piece!

That Amate guy,
He's good.

The whole job turned out great.

Love it !! Great job and the Rongorongo inspired frame is awesome !

[ Edited by: uncle trav 2013-10-18 09:20 ]

Glad you were able to complete it and the frame really is a great touch!
Thanks for sharing!

Pages: 1 9 replies