Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Cocoa Beach adds tikis to the beach

Pages: 1 6 replies

This area has been a continuing sore spot in Cocoa Beach. Lots of partiers who are generating some ill will among the residents. This is one of the improvements they are making to the area to make it more user friendly. Just thought it was cool that they had Wayne make some tikis with some meaning (which will probably be lost on most, if not all) for those arriving to the beach:

http://www.floridatoday.com/article/20120229/NEWS01/302290017/Towering-tikis-palms-line-pathway-Cocoa-Beach-spot?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|Home

Very kewl indeed. Hope those spring breakers can appreciate their beauty.

Cool!

TS

That looks very promising. The carving shown is pretty nice. I hope that the city keeps good care of the whole thing.
Slob

Not just spring breakers- I'll be down there visiting in a couple of weeks. I'll check them out. Coco Beach already has carved tikis in public places, so these will add to that.

cool, hope i can get out that way sometime soon.

Great to hear about Tikis being used as public art. An I like the fact that Wayne proudly sells the concept of his "Pineapple head":

“The first two that greet you are the guardians of the beach. One is a turtle watcher, and the other has a welcome pineapple,” explained Wayne Coombs, the artist and owner of Mai Tiki gallery."

Pages: 1 6 replies