Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Can i use ratten outside

Pages: 1 8 replies

B
boba posted on Sat, Mar 3, 2012 9:58 AM

hi all
I picked up a beatiful set of 1950s tropitan by Ritts Furniture Co.
When I bought it I planned on using it on my deck this summer, but when I discovered what it was I realized it was too valueable just to put outside.

However, I really love this set and want to keep it outside for the summer months, so I plan to buy a cover for it, and keepit covered when not in use.

Is there anything else I can do to protect this furniture from the elements?

If it is the same set that you are trying to sell for $3500 you should probably leave it in the house. If it is a second set then I say go ahead and put it outside. :)
ETR

NO,NO & NO! how about we leave you outside from now on :lol:

Seriously, you don't treat "Mid-Century Furniture" like that, It deserves respect
or it will get cantankerous, Start to complain alot, Then eventually Die!

Then the "Mid-Century Modern Men" will have to come and take it away from you!
and they will use "BAD" words....

B
boba posted on Sat, Mar 3, 2012 1:07 PM

even if i keep it covered
and yes it is the same set i am selling but REALY want to keep

B
boba posted on Sat, Mar 3, 2012 1:09 PM

also is that set worth what i am asking

It is a nice set, But $1500 is a more realistic price maybe up to $2000 if in real good shape.
If you keep it outside, you will weather (Sun,Heat & Cold) the furniture, Drastically reducing its value.

[ Edited by: Chuck Tatum is Tiki 2012-03-03 13:45 ]

MN

Usually the "Is it worth it" question is answered with "if someone buys it."

I agree with Chuck. Don't put it out. Especially since it is a great brand. Unless, of course, you can afford to blow the money.

This rattan has been on my patio for five years in partial sun and partial rain at the beach in SoCal. It is a 50-40 year old cheap generic Goodwill find with plastic banding that my dogs lay on.

I have had a bamboo set outside for four years...it doesn't weather well but my dogs love it. To me these materials are more conducive to indoor use!

"Oh waiter, another cocktail please!!!"

[ Edited by: VampiressRN 2012-03-03 16:46 ]

B
boba posted on Sat, Mar 3, 2012 8:49 PM

THANK'S EVERYBODY

Pages: 1 8 replies