Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Mock-tail Recipes needed (not booze-free, just made with beer or wine)

Pages: 1 2 replies

Alright, this probably sounds like a strange request, so let me explain. I am going to be deejaying at a bar that only has a licence to sell beer and wine, but no hard alcohol. One of the bartenders feels that we should serve something that closely resembles a real cocktail and another said that there were such things as mock-tails made with wine instead of liqour. I already looked at the other post requesting booze free drinks to serve in tiki mugs, but we don't want alcohol free, just no hard alcohol.

Still sound strange? I agree, but I said I would ask around. So if anyone can think of anything, let me know. And this is not limited to just tiki/tropical drinks. I will accept ANY mock-tail recipe

And for the details of where, when, and what I will be deejaying, please see my post in the events section

[ Edited by: Trader_Rick on 2003-06-14 11:02 ]

As it's a tavern the clientele isn't going to be expecting anything other than beer and wine. But if someone behind the bar wants to go out on a limb...White wine can be dolled up fairly easily with fruit juices (as in wine coolers). And some soda water or 7-Up for fizz. Most places that can serve wine and beer should be able to serve stuff like Zima and the various hard lemonaides and those would be decent bases to work from. One "mocktail" (Oh-! How I hate that term!) offering would probably suffice and it'll need a lot of signage and a special price to get the beer and wine crowd to consider it. Most likely not worth the effort. Suggest instead they just drop a paper umbrella in the beers they sell while you're doing your thing, Mr DJ. A gross will cost about $3 at a restaurant supply place.

M

Try making the drinks with sake or the korean liqueur soju. Both are legal with a beer and wine license, and will make some OK drinks.

Pages: 1 2 replies