Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

This tiki is worth $100 to me! Is it anyone's lost or swiped tiki?

Pages: 1 4 replies

Lousy picture I know, but all I have. Found in an antique store today, $100 approximately 4+ feet tall, light, so think it might be palm, that's a long tongue sticking out. Seems weathered, but also seems to have some orange-ish tint to it . . . what say the experts? Also, is it free-and-clear or was it stolen from somewhere or someone?

Thanks!

[ Edited by: The Blue Kahuna 2012-03-05 04:00 ]

[ Edited by: The Blue Kahuna 2012-03-05 04:01 ]

Aloha

On 2012-03-04 20:26, The Blue Kahuna wrote:
what say the experts?

I think the question is really, "Is it worth $100 bucks to YOU right now?"

Do you want it? If so, how much? Do you have a extra hundred to spare and if so, will it make you happy? Do you like the style? Will it fit with what you are trying to do with your space? Do you want to lug it around in the future if you move? Will your girlfriend like it? Would you sell it if she didn't?

It would be nice to have some history behind it, but it is that really important to you at this moment? Did you ask questions at the shop? Would you trust what they told you if they did have answers? Who, Where and when was it carved? Who owned it previously before it got to this shop? These are questions that are hard to answer.

Sometimes these things can be overthought. Sometimes, a Tiki is just a Tiki.

What PRoberts said. And then we all want to feel we didn't pay too much, so if they're asking $100, but you can get them down to $75, that can help you to be pleased with the purchase. Also, how will you feel if you go back in a week and it isn't there?

Looks like a terrific tiki to me.

Thanks guys, it is a good deal at $100 and I know that . . . this opportunity just came out of right field and caught me totally by surprise. So I'll go back and pick it up . . . I've paid more for less tiki before that's for sure!

GREG

T

In Ohio $100.00 bucks means $80.00 bucks cash or less.
Good luck!!

Pages: 1 4 replies