Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Vote the Hideaway best bar and me best bartender

Pages: 1 16 replies

S
Swanky posted on Mon, Mar 5, 2012 8:04 AM

This one takes more than just a click, so if you are of the mind and have a couple of minutes, vote for the Hapa Haole Hideaway as best bar and Swanky and best bartender.

I can do that. Tim, your last name is Glasner? And the Hapa Haole Hideaway goes in the "Best Neighborhood Bars & Pubs" category?

I did notice the rules say you have to vote in 20 categories or your ballot will be discarded.

S

Best Bar actually. It is already in the category, and in the bartender it may be Swanky or Tim Swanky Glazner.

Pick 18 more and you are done!

Found it - done!

S
Swanky posted on Mon, Mar 5, 2012 1:23 PM

Big thanks!

T

Hey...where is your bar located? My soccer team is going to be playing a championship game in Knoxville next weekend. Sure would be nice to hit a tiki bar for St Patty's day! Do you guys serve food too?

S
Swanky posted on Thu, Mar 8, 2012 8:52 AM

On 2012-03-08 07:54, Turbogod wrote:
Hey...where is your bar located? My soccer team is going to be playing a championship game in Knoxville next weekend. Sure would be nice to hit a tiki bar for St Patty's day! Do you guys serve food too?

We are in Knoxville, but, it is my home bar...

T

Sorry, my mistake. The Best of contest threw me. I know years ago you talked about opening a business. I thought this was it. Thanks for the info.

What's the largest group you'll host on a Drop-In basis? And you didn't say if you server food?

S

On 2012-03-08 10:31, freddiefreelance wrote:
What's the largest group you'll host on a Drop-In basis? And you didn't say if you server food?

We've had about 20 in the actual bar itself at one time, but it works better with 2-4 guests. We got nuts if you're hungry, but cheese and crackers clean the pallette better between drinks.

how's security?

I've run into trouble before in Old City...

S

On 2012-03-08 12:06, thePorpoise wrote:
how's security?

I've run into trouble before in Old City...

Old City is pretty tame these days. But then, I rarely get down there any more in the later hours. But the big dance clubs come and go and so the "trouble" comes and goes.

But are the bathrooms clean? Nothing irritates me more when I'm drunk than whizzing on a dirty bathroom floor!

(Sorry Swank, I couldn't resist :D )

S

On 2012-03-08 12:31, MadDogMike wrote:
But are the bathrooms clean? Nothing irritates me more when I'm drunk than whizzing on a dirty bathroom floor!

(Sorry Swank, I couldn't resist :D )

There is a concrete trough in the neighbors yard for the guys. Clean as the outdoors!

Do you still have these pants?

Can you still fit into them?

S
Swanky posted on Fri, Mar 9, 2012 6:41 AM

No and yes...

But that was a whole other Hideaway ago. That was Hideaway II, we are now on Hideaway III and hopefully the final version...

Dang...I am trying to vote but can't find the right options...apparently I am sporting my dumb DNA today...will try later

Pages: 1 16 replies