Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Home Tiki Bars

Tiki makeover for 1955 Vintage Travel Trailer

Pages: 1 10 replies

Aloha!

I wanted to share before and after pics of my little "rough-around-the-edges" 1955 travel trailer to document its progress. History: I purchased this little red trailer off craigslist from a man named "Frank" in San Pedro California in Nov 2011, and drove down it back down to San Diego—exciting! considering I know nothing about trailers. Or towing. But figured with a truck. A hitch. And optimism (and courage) I'd be just fine :wink:

Here are the BEFORE pics (Frank had decorated in a very LA Route 66 Randy's Donuts theme...gotta admire those matchbox car handle pulls...)

Just a few sneak peak after pics (better photos coming soon):

After alot of paint, sewing, sewing and sewing...and decorating! I've bonded with my first trailer and have found love. Now I'm already thinking about my next purchase...and of course a trailer club :wink:

[ Edited by: SailorJenny 2012-03-05 12:33 ]

Sweet! Nice job! Very cool, enjoy!

that trailer is so cool

Me Likey!

Very nice ~ "cool" color scheme. You taking it to Mojave Oasis?

Thanks or bringing it on the home crawl, it was totally cool! I enjoyed my tour and got inspired by the nice job you have done so far.
see ya soon........Brad and Marion

The transformation has been amazing!

Love it and the color is great...CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Great looking trailer! and as an FYI, those be Hot Wheels, Not Matchbox. lol I like the new look a lot

Thanks everyone! So great seeing you all and happy I could share :) Mojave Oasis...I wish! I'm still learning about it, however I think the trailer spots are sold out? Maybe next year? I will definitely be at Tiki Oasis this summer :) Hilarious re: the hotwheels...Ha! There is so much I have yet to learn :)

J

That's fantastic! Love the chosen colors! I think I might 'borrow' that bluish teal (is it teal?) color for my fridge at the cabin once I'm done painting the kitchen yellow...

Pages: 1 10 replies