Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

The Lurid Art of Brad (tiki-shark) Parker - at the Wyland gallery

Pages: 1 17 replies

ALOHA TIKI TRIBE!
So, I get tiki people visiting Hawaii asking where is my gallery? Well, I don't have one that just only sells my art, but... what I consider my "home" gallery here in Hawaii is the Wyland Kona Oceanfront Gallery. If you are in Hawaii, and are on the Big Island, this is the gallery that has EVERYTHING I've done in giclee (art prints), or can get it for you.

I've had the honor of being the front window display for quite a while now. The gallery tells me my Art pulls people in off the street to come in and gawk at. Maybe once inside they my not buy a Brad Parker, but they buy something else - like a Wyland... but, my art gets butts in the gallery. I take that as a big compliment!

Sooo, are you looking too purchase some Brad Tiki-shark Parker art in Hawaii? Please talk to the great folks at the Wyland Kona Ocean Front Gallery : check them out at
http://www.wylandbigisland.com/
Wyland Kona Oceanfront Gallery
75-5770 Alii Dr
Kailua Kona, HI 96740-1782
Phone – (808) 334-0037
Toll Free – (888) 435-6612
Email – [email protected]

[ Edited by: Bora Boris 2012-03-26 16:55 ]

[ Edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2012-04-14 00:13 ]

ALOHA TIKI TRIBE!

I was over at the Wyland Kona Oceanfront Gallery tonight creating an "artist's remarque": which is painting something unique onto a giclee - making it more personal to the buyer. I usually do these in the gallery, so it's painting in public, and it's a hoot standing up on the small raised platform in the middle of this swank gallery (same spot where Wyland does his thing), and talk to folks coming in the gallery.

If are you looking too purchase some Brad Tiki-shark Parker art in Hawaii? Please talk to the great folks at the Wyland Kona Ocean Front Gallery : check them out at
75-5770 Alii Dr
Phone – (808) 334-0037

Was that picture taken last night??? I was just there at about 5:30 pm. I'm bummed if I missed out on seeing you do your thing live. Saw a couple of "sold" signs next to your work and a big empty spot where I assume one of your painting was recently displayed. Congrats. I'm saving up for my own Brad Parker...one day

ALOHA TIKI TRIBE!
I think we just missed each other... next time!
Here's some more shots of "fun & paint" at the Wyland Kona Oceanfront Gallery

Painting live in the gallery.

up close

Thhis is a "Artist's Remarque" on a giclee.

Me doing toulouse lautrec!

Think I'm done...

Oops, forgot to have my art shades on in this pic!

A great Gallery right in the heart of bay side Kona. I've been honored to lucky enough to have my work in the front window. Many folks come in from the street just to see why a painting of Frankenstein playing a Ukelele is being shown. Once there, they often take a look around at the the other great artists, and if they don't purchase a pop-surreal Parker, they often leave with some other beautiful piece of Hawaiian art.

The Wyland Kona Oceanfront Gallery
http://www.wylandbigisland.com/about.html
75-5770 Alii Dr # A3, Kailua-Kona, HI 96740
(808) 334-0037

ALOHA

Nice pix Brad...if I ever get to the big island, will definitely check out the gallery. CONGRATS!!!

NICE WORK!!! We are going to the Big Island in a few weeks. I hope we can stop by!

ALOHA TIKI TRIBE!
Kiwi - Please do! I'm still in the front window of the gallery, but I'm out side now too! (very Hawaii Style) They have just added on a out door area next to the gallery, on the boardwalk in front of the Wyland Coffee Cafe.

They have a whole tiki-load of giclee prints on paper there!

All all kinds of other swank swag - Calendars, stickers, art cards...

About every thing I've done they have!

And Debbie is the wonderful wahine in charge of the shop.
Check it out if you're cursin' through Historical Kona Village. It's right next to the Wyland Kona Oceanfront gallery, by the open air coffee cafe - right on Kona bay - swank ocean views.
(808) 334-0037

ALOHA TIKI TRIBE!
Was down at the WYLAND Kona Ocean Front Gallery tonight...

doing a "art's remarque" on TIKI CAT ...

...for some REALLY cool Tiki folks! Totally my pleasure spreading "Tiki Culture" to the new generation.

BIG Big Mahalo!
Check out the WYLAND Kona Oceanfront Gallery if you're cursin' through Historical Kona Village. It's right on Kona bay - swank ocean views. Lots of dandy Dolphins and such... and a bunch of poly-pop-surreal-conceptual-realistic-low-brow-tiki-art by you know who.
(808) 334-0037

ALOHA
B tiki-shark P

Happy Aloha Friday (the thirteenth!)
Was taking a sunset walk and thought I'd send this shot out to the Tiki Tribe....

Nice moody sunset as seen from Kailua-Kona Hawaii on Friday the 13th.

And, of course, I'm here plugin' for my self and letting you know that if you happen to find yourself in Kailua-Kona Hawaii, please stop in the Wyland Kona Oceanfront Gallery. They are the local gallery that reps me here on the Big Island. I just dropped off a bunch of new Giclees (on canvas) and they are starting to put them up in the front window.
Hope you had a great, and lucky, Friday the 13th!
Aloha and Mahalo!
Check out the WYLAND Kona Oceanfront Gallery if you're cursin' through Historical Kona Village. It's right on Kona bay - it's got some swank ocean views. That's it in the sunset photo above - the building with a blue roof. They have lots of dandy Dolphins by the big W and such... and a bunch of poly-pop-surreal-conceptual-realistic-low-brow-tiki-art by some guy named Brad (tiki-shark) Parker.
(808) 334-0037

ALOHA
B tiki-shark P

[ Edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2012-04-14 00:07 ]

T

ALOHA TIKI TRIBE!

If I didn't know better, I would have to say that your shirt would have to be better lit on the painting side. That thing appears to be giving off light which it probably is.

ALOHA TIKI TRIBE!
Submitted for your approval...

"Secret Cove"
24" x 30"
Acrylic on Canvas

This piece is going to be part of my "Tales from the Tiki Lounge Show" at La Luz de Jesus Gallery in Los Angeles. So it will hang there, the birth place of low-brow art, for the month of July. However right now it is in the care of the Wyland Gallery, and fully up for pre-show pre-purchase with your pre-mooney!
If you are looking to purchase this epic piece of sunset-wave-tiki-and tropical flowers please contact the Wyland Kona Oceanfront Gallery now, or the La Luz de Jesus gallery (during the July show).

But, many pieces have PRE-SOLD so, if you want it , you might want to think about not waiting and grab it up now for your own home Tiki Bar.

Check out the WYLAND Kona Oceanfront Gallery if you're cursin' through Historical Kona Village. It's right on Kona bay - it's got some super swank ocean views. They have lots of doodal-dandy Dolphins by the big W, and such stuff... and a bunch of poly-pop-surreal-conceptual-realistic-low-brow-tiki-art by some guy named Brad (tiki-shark) Parker.
(808) 334-0037

MAHALO, ALOHA, and Thanks!
Brad tiki-shark Parker

Brad (Tiki Shark) Parker
"Brad Parker creates lurid paintings that pull in influences from tiki, comics, and rock."

[ Edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2012-04-17 17:43 ]

Aloha Tiki Tribe!

My Tiki-Art in the local gallery here in Kailua-Kona

Here's a look-see at the front window area of the Wyland Kona Oceanfront Gallery. They have a lot of everything at the moment 'cause I just re-stocked them!

So, check out the WYLAND Kona Oceanfront Gallery if you're cursin' through Historical Kona Village on the volcanic Big Island of Hawaii. It's right on Kona bay - it's got some super swank ocean views. They have lots of happy-dandy Dolphins by the big W, and such stuff... and a bunch of poly-pop-surreal-conceptual-realistic-low-brow-tiki-art by some guy named Brad (tiki-shark) Parker.
(808) 334-0037

Brad tiki-shark Parker

"Kon-Tiki Dream"
24" x 30"
Acrylic on Canvas

This piece is going to be part of my "Tales from the Tiki Lounge Show" at La Luz de Jesus Gallery in Los Angeles. So it will hang there, the birth place of low-brow art, for the month of July. However right now it is in the care of the Wyland Gallery, and fully up for pre-show pre-purchase with your pre-mooney!
If you are looking to purchase this epic piece of sea-o-sharks-tiki-and adventure (It's an image from a dream I had while I was reading the book Kon-tiki) please contact the Wyland Kona Oceanfront Gallery now, or the La Luz de Jesus gallery (during the July show).

But, many pieces have PRE-SOLD so, if you want it , you might want to think about not waiting and grab it up now for your own home Tiki Bar.

Check out the WYLAND Kona Oceanfront Gallery if you're cursin' through Historical Kona Village. It's right on Kona bay - it's got some super swank ocean views. They have lots of doodal-dandy Dolphins by the big W, and such stuff... and a bunch of poly-pop-surreal-conceptual-realistic-low-brow-tiki-art by some guy named Brad (tiki-shark) Parker.
(808) 334-0037

Brad tiki-shark Parker

ALOHA TIKI TRIBE!
New news from da' Islands!
Want one of the Years Best Tiki-Art pieces to hang in your tiki bar? Well...
I entered into the art contest "SPECTRUM: The Years Best in Fantastic Contemporary Art"

And I'm excited to tell ya' one of my paintings won entry into the show!

I've entered for the last 5 years, and each year, they pick the painting I NEVER think they will choose to be in the show - and thus, published in the big swanky art book that comes out every November. This volume will be "Spectrum 19" and this year the winner is...

"Hawaiian Eye"
20" x 24"
Acrylic on canvas.
One of my much more surreal Tiki-Art paintings - to be shure!
The original painting of "Hawaiian Eye" will be on display in my "Tales from the Tiki Lounge" art show this July 6th to July 29th, at the Los Angeles "La luz de Jesus Gallery", Opening night is July 6th. So you can give it an (Hawaiian) eye-ball in person there. Afterward, it is being shipped to the art patron who bought it. (A very nice gentleman who is, appropriately enough, a law enforcement officer who has a taste for tiki and skulls and cats.)
So, sorry, that the original painting is SOLD... however, you can still have this tiki-noir epic piece in your own home TIKI BAR! Full sized, gallery wrapped, giclee on canvas, museum quality, signed, limited editions, of this award winning piece: "Hawaiian Eye" are up for purchase at the "Wyland Kona Oceanfront Gallery".
75-5770 Alii Dr
Phone – (808) 334-003

MAHALO & ALOHA!!!

ALOHA TIKI TRIBE!

"Secret Cove"
24" x 30"
Acrylic on canvas

SOLD

However, the one of a kind Giclee on canvas "Tales from the Tiki Lounge" version of this painting is still up for grabs.
to Purchase please contact "La Luz Se Jesus Gallery" in Los Angeles
http://www.laluzdejesus.com/shows/2012/Parker/TikiShark2012.htm
ALOHA!

ALOHA TIKI TIRIBE!

"Secret Cove"
24" x 30"
Acrylic on canvas
SOLD

It's for the "Tales from the Tiki Lounge " art show at La Luz de Jesus Gallery this July. In the mean while it was being displayed by the Wyland Kona Ocean front Gallery here in Hawaii, - and was purchased by some honeymooners - (who can say no to honey mooners?) It will still ship to LA and be on display there, but with a "RED DOT - SOLD" next to it.

Congrats to the new couple, and congrats on starting a great art collection with a really choice piece!

For more info on the July show check here:
http://www.laluzdejesus.com/shows/2012/Parker/TikiShark2012.htm

For info on my home gallery here in Hawaii check out:

ALOHA TIKI TRIBE!

A L O H A T I K I T R I B E !
(that's the echos off lush emerald volcanic jungle cliffs and mountains that look like giant skulls with water falls rushing out of their gaping toothy maws, while strangely weird tropical birds utter almost human calls from in the dusky swirling misty green haunted regions of the inner island's moss covered ruins and idols)

Down on the sunny beach, "So what's all the shouting about?" you ask as you sip a Mai Tai and glance back toward the jungle.

ART! That's what! (art show with lots of TIKI ART mixed in with some other "tourist art")

An art gallery in the historic sleepy fishing village of Kailua-Kona Hawaii, on the Big Island of Hawaii, is showing my tiki art - it's at the Wyland Kona Oceanfront Gallery.

BTW - The Wyland Kona Oceanfront Gallery was the only gallery on the Big Island that took a chance and carried my "low-brow" TIKI art when most galleries here could not be bothered. It was a up hill fight to get "tiki-art" shown here in Hawaii! Very strange, but most galleries have a tunnel vision of what tourists will buy, and do not like taking a chance on anything that has not already sold for the last 20 years.

I was told flat out that "TIKI" was dead, and would not sell in Hawaii.

I'm glad to say the Wyland Kona gallery has proved that is not true.

I started on a small area on a wall in the middle of the Wyland gallery, on probation kinda, then got moved to the front, then moved to the front window area.

Now I'm one of the most displayed artists (next to the big guy - Wyland - in the gallery.)

BIG MAHALO & thanks to owner Mark Hanna and his sales team for taking a chance on me and my "weirdo-low-brow poly-pop-surreal TIKI art".

Limited editions
Signed, numbered, certificates included
Giclee on canvas and paper Plus originals

Even the central islands - like Oahu and Maui are admitting TIKI is not dead.

This issue featured an article on "The Tiki Tribe" and interviewed me as one of the "artists" in this Tiki underground culture.

Tiki Art at the WYLAND KONA OCEANFRONT GALLERY. Wine, cheese, and art!
75-5770 Alii Dr
Phone – (808) 334-0037
Gallery web site: http://www.wylandbigisland.com/
Or contact me at [email protected]

BIG ALOHA, hope you can drop in!
Brad Tiki-shark Parker

Aloha Tiki Tribe!

Happy Art Patron with a new purchase of the limited edition, signed , numbered giclee on canvas of award winning Tiki-Art piece "Hawaiian Eye"!
Big thanks to Mark Hanna, curator and owner of the Wyland Kona Oceanfront Gallery for allowing me to have show case space for my poly-pop-surreal tiki-art in his gallery. I know it's not what tourists expect to find in his gallery, but we are being happily surprised more and more by the hipster and art savvy crowd coming into the Wyland Kona gallery looking for something they may never have found there a mere 3 or so years ago.

ALOHA!

Pages: 1 17 replies