Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Can anyone tell me where these tiki's are from?

Pages: 1 11 replies

Hi
When we we're out in California on vacation last year we picked up a couple of these tiki's that we're for sale, and we got told they we're from an old restaurant but they couldn't tell us which one, does anybody know anything about them?
They are black fibreglass.
Thanks in advance.

those are re-pop tikis, not very old maybe 10 years at the most. I forget which company made them but I know I have seen them before. Yours have been painted black but they weren't originally that color. I'll try to dig around and find that store or website for you.

From my experience, 90% of the time the "came from an old restaurant" line is just a line, unfortunately.

Thanks for that, good news we didn't pay alot for them, but was just curious as to where they came from, thought it was abit bizarre that we managed to get 3 of them on our trip!

These two are currently for sale on craigslist in our area. These were avaiable at Target about 3 or 4 years ago...

Later,

PTD

I want to say they were from target. They made a decent fiberglass ku figure one year then made these the next. I'm not certain they are target though - anyone else ??

guess i was slow on the draw.... thanks for that info- I guess I was right after all.

That's interesting, obviously from being out of town we wouldn't have seen them at Target unfortunately, but we like them, but was just fasinated! Thanks for all of the info though, very quick and helpful.

kinda looks like the goof from bali hai in san diego.... I'll bet with a little work one could alter those tikis to look similiar the goof.

Yeh they are certainly ugly, not the best ones we have seen!

I have the same ones shown. Plus the Disney looking Pele. I re-sprayed them brown & set them in the fake garden.

T

I got mine at Target, painted it and drilled a hole in it for a fountain.

Pages: 1 11 replies