Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Home Tiki Bars

Wicked Wahine - Vintage Tiki Travel Trailer in Norcal

Pages: 1 9 replies

M
mugbob posted on Fri, Apr 6, 2012 6:36 AM

Greetings! I'm a fifty-something baby boomer who grew up on the San Francisco Peninsula, several miles from the famous "Lanai - Polynesian Restaurant." I was taken there for dinner for the first time in the 1970's and still have vivid memories of how unique and cool that tiki themed restaurant was, particularly the beautiful bar background that moved...it's hard to explain...anyway, I have been into vintage travel trailers for the past 6 years and am currently restoring a 1968 Aristocrat Land Commander, with a tiki theme...I've named her "The Wicked Wahine" after some Hawaiian perfume my Mother brought back from Hawaii back in the late 1960's. This trailer actually has a small bar by the entryway, which I will stock with tiki bar items, so I can serve my good friends wicked drinks when they come to visit. She's a work in progress, but I wanted to join the ranks of others who love tiki and vintage travel trailers also. Here's a sampling of our work in progress:

M
mugbob posted on Fri, Apr 6, 2012 6:38 AM

Will post more photos later as we make progress...still have lots more to get done to get her all comfy and tikified!

Lookin' good MugBob and welcome to TC. How's about some pics of the outside too?

Welcome to TC mugbob. That trailer looks like such a fun project, sounds like you have a good plan, so have fun and we look forward to your pictures.

Sweet
Go go go
Looks fun

Aloha and welcome to TC mugbob. Trailer looks cool. I like vintage trailers myself. Theres a cool one I pass by every tuesday going to work in Los olivos CA. Keep this thread updated. Mahaloz for sharing.

M
mugbob posted on Sun, Feb 3, 2013 5:28 PM

Wanted to update the site with current photos of our "Wicked Wahine" vintage travel trailer. We finished her up last summer and she was taken on various outings around California and the Oregon Coast. Alot of fun pulling together decor for her!

BK

Love it!

Good show

Thanx 4 the update...

Jon

Super cool - what is it a shasta? Sorry just read your post...love vintage canned hams

[ Edited by: tikirancher 2013-02-18 08:57 ]

Pages: 1 9 replies