Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

BODY GLOVE Tiki-Mug Release Party! in Kailua-Kona Oct 24th-25th 2013! pg 2

Pages: 1 2 3 117 replies

Aloha Tiki Tribe!

Yet more GOOD NEWS about the Body Glove 60th Anniversary Party this Oct 24th & 25th. Yes, we have a FREE concert with Hawaiian Music legend, Grammy nominated, (the Wild Hawaiian himself!) Henry Kapono... and now, added to the night's entertainment will be additional FREE music by local legend L.T. Smooth! My Business partner, Abbas, and I are over whelmed with the amount of ALOHA the Big Island has shown us in helping to make this event special... if not the greatest party of a life time!

It started as a party at a tiki bar to celebrate the release of a really cool set of Tiki-Mugs!
Now .... I can't even begin to tell you how many people are coming, and helping, and all the amazing things going on!!

To mark this Volcanically Hot TIKI-rific Event, I am making a special piece of art, which I will have autographed by the family / owners of Body Glove, the President of Body Glove, the Hawaiian Pro-Surf Team Riders of Body Glove, (me) and even I think now Mayor Billy Kenoi of the Big Island of Hawaii! (an avid surfer!) This hand painted historic Surf Board will be the collector's piece of a life time.

If you're interested in the purchase of this Iconic Surf/Tiki Art piece please contact [email protected].

Big Aloha to EVERYONE who has given so much ALOHA to make this event so amazing.
BP~

Aloha Tiki Tribe!
October 24th and 25th... kailua-Kona. The mayor of the big Island Billy Kenoi has told us he will be at the Body Glove event. The Governor's office of Hawaii has called and confirmed they will be there too!
Sheesh!

ALOHA!

Aloha Tiki Tribe!
Body Glove's 60th Anniversary!
Limited edition Body Glove Sea Creature Tiki-Mug Set release party!
Free concert by grammy nominated local hero Henry Kapono!
Mayor Billy Kenoi of the Big Island of Hawaii!
The owners of Body Glove autographing your Body Glove Swag!
Free music by Kona's beloved crooner LT Smooth!
Body Glove Pro Surf Team Riders!
The Body Glove Sea-Creature!
Help us eat CAKE!
Hope to see you there!
ALOHA!

[ Edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2013-10-16 01:56 ]

Aloha Tiki Tribe!
The local Radio stations are promoting the big BODY GLOVE party now!
Today they started giving away BODY GLOVE MONSTER BEACH TOWELS!
the DJ told my agent he's never seen the stations lines all locked up like that before! (fun stuff!)
The whole Island is abuzz now about this big pending swanky event!

https://www.facebook.com/hawaiiswave — in Hawaii.

Aloha Tiki Tribe!

Beautiful sunset.... working on this special painted SURF BOARD from Body Glove for the event.
EVERYONE'S gonna autograph it!
Body Glove's owners (the Meistrell family), Body Glove's president, The Body Glove Sea-Creature, The Body Glove Hawaiian Pro Surf Team,
...even local Surfer Billy Kenoi: the Mayor of the Big Island of Hawaii!
It's gonna be the ultimate collectible surt-tiki-art piece commemorating this very special event!
It's still not quite done yet...I'm still lavishing detail on it... really working in the Big Island / Body Glove / Surfer - Tiki Mojo...

Aloha!

KK

Wow Brad that's some awesome paint job, cant wait to see it next week, Im sure this piece will be going for quite a few coconuts. We'll be flying in this Sunday, just in time to enjoy the "KOKUA KAILUA" village stroll. Look forward to an exciting 2 week vacation on the Big Island! See you soon!

Aloha!
Kai Koa - as we talked in da' car... SEE ya! Gonna be FUN!
Check out some more of the paint on this stick...

ALOHA!

Aloha Tiki Tribe!
This just in da' mail....here for sale at the BODY GLOVE 60th ANNIVERSARY EVENT / Body Glove Sea Creature TIKI-MUG release party!

The Body Glove Sea Creature Skate Board w/ Kustom Creature Wheels!
ALOHA!

Aloha Tiki Tribe!

one day closer...

Brad (Tiki Shark) Parker
"Brad Parker creates lurid paintings that pull in influences from tiki, comics, and rock."

[ Edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2013-10-17 23:28 ]

Aloha Tiki Tribe!
The TIKI-MUGs and Tee Shirts and STUFF has arrived, and displays are being set up in the gift shop of the Royal Kona Resort.

OKAY...i posted this on FB and got all the Blow job or Hand job jokes ! Boy you people! (snicker!)
hmmm...okay, I did have a lot of HOT AIR though! Ha!
ALOHA!

Aloha Tiki Tribe!
The first of the Body Glove VIPs are on their way to Kailua-Kona Hawaii!

BODY GLOVE owners Billy Meistrell and Jenna Meistrell flying to HAWAII!

Good thing I set up the gift shop yesterday at the Royal Kona!
Check out my window dressing...no too bad...

I was in a bit of a crazy rush...but I got all the Tiki-Mugs facing forwards now!

You can't be here for the party to get your swag signed... contact http://www.mahalotiki.com

ALOHA!

Aloha Tiki Tribe!
The BODY GLOVE VIPS are here! We took them ona tour of the island yesterday.

Got to see da' KING!

The Meistrell family (owners of BG) got on the local radio morning show!

NOW....
Because of demand we are making 60 (yes 60 as in 60th anniversary) smaller Giclee Art prints of the Body Glove Sea-Creature!
To go with the MUGS!
2-D and 3-D! (after this happened with the Diga Diga Doo mugs I HAD to make it happen again somehow!)
Smaller sized (8" x11") , so less expensive for those patrons who will spend mucho $ on drinks Thursday night! However, made by the SAME printer that makes my really high end fine art prints. These are archival inks! Will not FADE! Frame them as expensively as you wish, they will not Fade on you 3, 4, or 10, or 50 years from now!

$35 - signed and numbered! And if you r here get them signed by the Body Glove VIPS too!

Here they are in the window... next to the larger 20" x 16" for $150.00. Check out the colors are all perfect...good darned printing! (me so happy as an artist to see that!)
IF you cannot be in KONA HAWAII... you may be able to snag them from the gallery - at [email protected]
Or from
http://www.mahalotiki.com.

ALOHA!

In honor of Body Glove’s 60th Anniversary, and in celebration of Bob Meistrell, and a life well lived, Don offers this humble cocktail as tribute. Congratulations to Body Glove and God speed Mr. Meistrell.

THE CREATURE COCKTAIL!

1.5 oz Cruzan Blackstrap Rum
.75 oz Elderflower liqueur
.5 oz Canton Ginger liqueur
.5 oz Absinthe
Dash Bitters (light)
Ginger Beer
Lime squeeze
Add rum, absinthe, elderflower and ginger; build drink in highball glass with ice. Top with ginger beer and add squeeze of lime.

Aloha Tiki Tribe!
This morning the BODY GLOVE SEA-CREATURE was on the local Big Island Radio morning show on LAVA 105 with Danny Jesser!

Crazy fun !

He did pretty good ...for a sea-monster.

Since at Christmas you sit in Santa's lap, I figured at Halloween you sit in the Creature's lap!

It's warm here, so the Creature worn some nice Body Glove jams instead of his scaled green slimy legs.
This was all to let folks know about the big event on Thursday and Friday...

Hard to remember this was all started by a TIKI-MUG release party!

The Body Glove 60 Anniversary / Sea-Creature Mug set is already selling out... we had to run to get more boxes of CREATURE mugs to the Royal Kona REsort gift shop today!

The gift shop is decked out in a strange Halloween/ Body Glove / Sea-Creature set up.... guess it really is the "Hawaii-Ween" I was dreaming up last year. But lots bigger now!

Aloha Tiki Tribe!
Night 1 of the party was amazing ...
We broke records for the Royal Kona REsort!

TONIGHT will be night 2 at the Wyland Kona Oceanfront Gallery!!

Aloha Tiki Tribe!
Wow!
What an amazing 2-day party.
It started as a Tiki-Art painting of the Body Glove Sea-Creature.
Then became a set of Tiki Mugs based on that painting.
Then became a Tiki-Mug Release party.
Then became a Body Glove 60th Year Anniversary Event.
Then became a even bigger thing...the Big Island gave back as much as we gave ...and more.
Now it is a Official State proclamation that October 24th is "BODY GLOVE DAY" in the State of Hawaii!

I cannot even begin to explain it all just go here and read...
https://www.facebook.com/bradtikisharkparker?ref=tn_tnmn

Here's what made all that year of crazy work worth while... "the Official Proclamation" stating that October 24th is now, and forever, "BODY GLOVE DAY" in the State of Hawaii. Big Mahalo to my Art Agent & Partner Abbas Hassan for making this happen... & to The Meistrell Family, Body Glove, Tiki Farm, The Royal Kona Resort, The Wyland Hawaii Kona Gallery, Mayor Billy Kenoi, the Governor of Hawaii, Mahalo Tiki, Henry Kapono, L.T. Smooth, Body Glove Hawaii & everyone who helped... Mahalo Nui Loa! ...and ALOHA! — in Kailua-Kona.

Body Glove Owner Bill Meistrell & my Art Agent Abbas Hassan holding the State Proclaimation.

Aloha Tiki Tribe!
It was...

The BIGGEST -

GREATEST -

MOST HAWAII-EST,

TIKI-Mug RELEASE PARTY EVER!

Go to this link and check it out if you were not in Hawaii, at the Royal Kona Resort on October 24th and you missed out!
http://damontucker.com/2013/10/25/body-glove-turns-60/

ALOHA!
B Tiki-shark (I can't Hula) Parker

Looks like it was a really fun time. Good job on making it into a state holiday! The mugs look great.

Thank you so much.
It was a little crazy.
I must admit I might have had a few panic attacks as it kept getting bigger and bigger!
It was a wonderful crazy surprise when the State of Hawaii turned around and GAVE BACK to us for all our hard work.
Wow!

It was a little Tiki-Mug party that kept growing bigger and bigger like a giant Kaiju monster rising outa' the Pacific Ocean!

Check out this famous (or sometimes infamous local Blogger from the Big Island who covered the event- (Damon Tucker)
http://damontucker.com/2013/10/29/mayor-kenoi-proclaims-october-25th-2013-body-glove-60th-anniversary-day-in-the-county-of-hawaii/

ALOHA!

[ Edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2013-10-30 19:29 ]

Pages: 1 2 3 117 replies