Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Home Tiki Bars

The Boomerang!

Pages: 1 30 replies

Hey gang. I've been a long time lurker of TC and thought I'd post a pic of a bedroom of my house I converted over when I purchased my home in 2007. I've also included an outdoor shot of the house to explain why I call the place The Boomerang :) (plus a bonus pic from a time when we had a Rockabilly shoot at the house)...Thanks everyone, and keep the great stuff comin'!

FABULOUS!!! Nice MCM vibe and love the name.

Very sharpe! how about some more pics & welcome to TC.

Where is this? by the way.

M

That is just spot on!

I'm guessing Melbourne

Welcome to TC!

Mahalo & Thanks for sharing!

McTiki

Fabulous!

B
Bonj posted on Sun, Apr 29, 2012 4:07 PM

American light switches in the photos suggest otherwise.

On 2012-04-29 14:36, McTiki wrote:
That is just spot on!

I'm guessing Melbourne

Welcome to TC!

Mahalo & Thanks for sharing!

McTiki

Kool
Looks like a great place to relax n have a drink.
Good job.
More pics

This is cool. I like your front door. Clever :). The room is nice. Its got a different appeal which is great. Im diggin this :D.

Thanks for sharing!

awesome pad !!!

That house looks great, Boom!!

Bonj,
McTiki could be correct. He has a Melbourne in his backyard. :) However, there are a lot more boomerangs down your way. :D
Edit: more boomerangs in your backyard!!!

Got Greyhounds? Viva Kate!

[ Edited by: Mr. NoNaMe 2012-04-30 08:15 ]

Thanks everyone for the kind comments. The house really has been a labor of love and it's a great retreat for me to come home to.
Regarding the location, I was considering having a contest to see who could guess...Believe me, in the winter, I wish it was Melbourne...
Would you believe Nebraska? It's smack dab in the heartland...I'll try to get some other pics up soon!
Take care everyone.

B
Bonj posted on Mon, Apr 30, 2012 3:01 PM

On 2012-04-30 09:23, Boomerangthang wrote:
Believe me, in the winter, I wish it was Melbourne...

Anyone wishing to be in Melbourne during winter must be somewhere cold!

Your house is way cool, man. Loving it!

B
Bonj posted on Mon, Apr 30, 2012 3:04 PM

On 2012-04-30 08:02, Mr. NoNaMe wrote:
Bonj,
McTiki could be correct. He has a Melbourne in his backyard. :) However, there are a lot more boomerangs down your way. :D
Edit: more boomerangs in your backyard!!!

Hehehe.... just a few :wink:

Boomer's original post was fabulous...I was awed by the great room decor and home exterior and was also thinking Oz. So I nearly fell out of my recliner when only moments later I got an email from my Niece in Omaha sharing this exact picture of Boomer's place (whom she had previously told me about). My Niece even snagged a Bali Hai mug when she was in San Diego with me to give to Boomer. It's a small world people...keep it Tiki!!! Welcome to TC Boomer...and yes more more more pictures of your home.

Q
Q-tiki posted on Thu, May 3, 2012 6:41 AM

Nice digs Boomerang! Well done.

VampRN... You are right. It is a very small world, especially with forums like TC in the world!

Cheers!

What a GREAT looking place! The house! The lounge! WOW!

AMAZING house.

H

Yes, the house is nice...the carving, the bar, the chairs, the August Holland print....does anybody else see the photo with the GIRL in it ???

I

Boomerang, awesome house and tiki room! You said you live in Nebraska, what city? I live in Omaha. Have you been to the Mai Tai lounge?

[ Edited by: intoxer 2012-05-10 10:47 ]

MH

WOW!!! My dream house. My dream bar. Everything about it so sleek and well put together. I LOVE everything about it. Post more photos!

Shame we haven't heard anymore from this guy. I'm glad the thread got bumped, though. That house is amazing!

it is indeed a cool house. it was featured in Atomic Ranch in one of the "working class heroes" layouts...I dont remember what issue it was.
I was impressed that he seemed to do it all on an extremely tight budget & it looks amazing.

On 2013-01-29 22:08, bigbadtikidaddy wrote:
it is indeed a cool house. it was featured in Atomic Ranch in one of the "working class heroes" layouts...I dont remember what issue it was.
I was impressed that he seemed to do it all on an extremely tight budget & it looks amazing.

I'd LOVE to get my hands on that issue of Atomic Ranch and see the rest of the house. Especially since "Derek Mitchell" (what an original name heh) and I are moving into a townhouse soon and we're doing everything on a budget, also. However, this tiki bar room looks simply lavish and rich. I really love the MCM feel to it.

I didn't see this post originally so thanks to whoever bumped it. I, too, would like to see more pictures! I love the cool, sleek feel to the place.

I'm off to dig through my collection of Atomic Ranch. If I find the issue, I'll let you know.

MH

On 2013-01-30 19:31, Big Kahuna wrote:
I'm off to dig through my collection of Atomic Ranch. If I find the issue, I'll let you know.

Awesome! Let me know if you happen to find it. I may have to see if I can find someone who has a copy thatI can thumb through.

PP

more photos please.................

Now I am curious as to what happened to this guy?

I'm going to ping my Niece (in Omaha) on FB and see if we can get him to post again.

Pages: 1 30 replies