Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Home Tiki Bars

New build in Fremont,CA

Pages: 1 25 replies

K
K_dog posted on Thu, May 3, 2012 7:56 PM

Hi everyone. Been on here for a while as Kcsteck but for some reason I was deleted cause of my AOL address? well anyways have made my own bar build from watching this site and getting ideas. You all inspired me!! its FN'n addicting!!! thought id share some pics of my build, getting close to being done and putting into service for the summer.
Aloha & Mahalo

Welcome back as the new you...LOL. Nice job the bat looks great. Keep up the good work!!!

I like the way you burned the bamboo. And that redwood bar is MASSIVE!

Here's to a great summer in your new Tiki Bar :drink:

Looking good! You're off to a great start.

K
K_dog posted on Fri, May 4, 2012 7:15 PM

Thanks for the replys. I need to start working on the back bar,shelving for tiki mugs and stuff,lighting,electrical etc.where can I get the grass edging say 8 to 12 inches long to trim it out.
Kc

Lookin good...
Now get the Rum out n enjoy

I'm looking forward to seeing photos of your first party with all the people hanging out at the cool bar. I too love the burnt bamboo. The tin roof is so Hawaiian. Wendy

K
K_dog posted on Tue, May 8, 2012 6:50 AM

Put in the back bar top,Burned it,Varnished it,and added a Bamboo Backsplash. Where do I come up with this sh!T. HELP

B

Looking good. We also did the corrugated roof. To make it look a bit aged we painted the top primer red and the underside a flat brown

Wow - that looks real good, you got me thinking, summer's here & the time is right for outdoor tiki, thanks for the ideas!

K
K_dog posted on Sat, May 12, 2012 8:13 PM

Our first Party using the TIKI Bar for Mothers Day Early.

Njoy

K
K_dog posted on Tue, May 22, 2012 8:58 PM

Update to the bar (added back Wall)

Now just need to do shelves under back bar and decorate. Have 8 Mask's to put up as well as TIKI Mugs & Lights.

Party On!
K_dog

K
K_dog posted on Sun, May 27, 2012 8:00 AM

update 5/27/2012

K
K_dog posted on Sun, Sep 15, 2013 7:27 PM

New changes

[ Edited by: K_dog 2013-09-15 19:34 ]

Wow, Fantastic work!!!

K
K_dog posted on Mon, Sep 16, 2013 5:14 PM

Thank you. I am really happy with the way it turned out but are we ever done? I always want to add something else. Thinking about a roof over the seating area with palm leaves as the top material.

Looks great! Your's was one of the bars I took into consideration when I designed mine.

Looks great! Your's was one of the bars I took into consideration when I designed mine.

W

This is super awesome! Great work. I love the bamboo along the front, and the burned background.

D
dtel posted on Mon, Sep 16, 2013 10:19 PM

Very nice looking, I love the redwood, wish we could get it here. How did you get that green color for the bamboo ?

K
K_dog posted on Tue, Sep 17, 2013 6:54 AM

Thanks Guys. The Green Bamboo I bought on ebay which was just cut down then I put varnish on it so it so lock in the color for as long as possible.It is still green 2 yrs later but not as green.
Casey

[ Edited by: K_dog 2013-09-17 06:56 ]

Very nice...love how you pulled it together with the green bamboo and bar stools!!!

Lookin' good, the green bamboo is a unique touch.

I'm just over the hill from you in Pleasanton, unfortunately I'm in between home bars. Keep up the good work!

H

Picking out and loading the wood, cutting, nailing, drilling, bolting, painting, staining, sun, sweat, splinters, and money, money, money...I like the way this photo shows what makes it all worth the effort !!!

Thats a great looking Tiki Bar. Well done. Hey I am in Menlo Park. Is there any kind or Tiki bar club in the area? If not maybe we should start one.

Pages: 1 25 replies