Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Home Tiki Bars

Bamboo Bevs Tiki bar Downunder

Pages: 1 32 replies

BB

Hi all thought I would post some pics of my Tiki bar,I am from Sydney, Australia and have been collecting Tiki for a while now, at the moment the bar is spread out around the house but will soon be all in the one place. I can't go all out yet as the house is a rental but that will change once we move into our house in Victoria. We are going to add some shelves and bamboo screen behind the bar and water feature to tie it all in. Bevan

I love this water feature, I found it at a markets here, it cost a bit but is cool.

B
Bonj posted on Fri, May 4, 2012 1:41 AM

Good to see another Aussie on the board. I look forward to seeing your progress in the new house.

Looks like an awesome bar and you have a good collection going. You will have fun Tikifying your place when you move. Look forward to pictures in the future.

Thank you, yeah I can't wait to get started on the new one but in the mean time I will continue to collect stuff for it. My son and I would love to get into carving and have been collecting tools to get us started.

Cool bar :D. You have a nice little collection of tiki going.

Lookin good
Start carvin, but beware, it's addictive

Thank you

H
hewey posted on Mon, May 7, 2012 6:13 AM

Welcome Bev, from a fellow Sydney sider :D Great start to a little tiki bar you've got there.

BB

Thanks Hewey, Hey the KustomKultureAustralia link is cool, I notice you like to cruise the railtrails down near the border, where we brought in Victoria they are everywhere, we can't wait to explore them. You have some cool bikes and loving the EKs

H
hewey posted on Thu, May 10, 2012 6:07 AM

Thanks Bev!

New lounge for the bar, I know its not really Tiki but its way cool and once I re do the cushions in Tiki style material it should fit in.

Hey Bev gonna keep on eye on your posts. Really lookin good! Especially that Ku fountain. Any marks/labels indicating where it's from or who made that rascal?
Cheers from up over,
David

I like :D

Thanks, no markings on the fountian but I got it from a dealer that has all sorts of fountians at a local markets.

Wow Bev...just love the lines of that furniture...like you say, once you tikify it...the set will be awesome.

Thought I would put an update pic of my space, need to find a nice barkcloth fabric for the lounge.

I have been finding a few of these monkey's, I think they are cool

Thanks for sharing Bev. I love that Ku fountain too. Wish I could get my hands on one of them, he'd be perfect in my yard...

I have a similar looking monkey carved out out of a coconut. Mine's from the Bahamas.

Thanks, I have been after a monkey for a while then all of a sudden I have found these 3 at markets

When it rains monkeys
It pours monkeys

Nice collection Bev! Especially the water feature tiki. :)

That furniture rocks! It just screams Art Deco, and will be fantastic once it's tiki-fied.

Bev...I just keep thinking with that mod look that you should check out Dawn's fabrics. She has so much variety that is Tiki oriented in fabulous colors, think it would help with your awesome furniture.
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=17407&forum=18&start=855

BB

On 2012-11-04 09:29, VampiressRN wrote:
Bev...I just keep thinking with that mod look that you should check out Dawn's fabrics. She has so much variety that is Tiki oriented in fabulous colors, think it would help with your awesome furniture.
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=17407&forum=18&start=855

Thanks for the link, got some nice prints there

Bevan

BB

On 2012-10-28 09:36, tigertail777 wrote:
Nice collection Bev! Especially the water feature tiki. :)

That furniture rocks! It just screams Art Deco, and will be fantastic once it's tiki-fied.

Thank you

T

Bev, I would just use some tiki fabric on some throw pillows and keep the lounge furniture the same.. Just a few pillows with nice printed fabrics will tie in nicely and save some $$$.. And Dawns fabrics and art art also good tie ins.. Nice place you have there.. :)

On 2012-11-10 03:03, tikipaka wrote:
Bev, I would just use some tiki fabric on some throw pillows and keep the lounge furniture the same.. Just a few pillows with nice printed fabrics will tie in nicely and save some $$$.. And Dawns fabrics and art art also good tie ins.. Nice place you have there.. :)

Thank you. It will be just the cushions that will be replaced as they have lost shape, the rest is in great shape.
I can't wait to move to our property and get the bar set up properly, there are a lot of great ideas on this site, so i'm hoping it will come out good.

Bevan

Hi all, its been a while, I have been doing some thinking about my bar when I get started, my plan was to build it in my new garage when its done but now I have been thinking I would rather keep the garage for my cars and car related collection seprate from the bar. My attention turned to the current shed I have and thought if I put bi-fold doors on the front and a decking it would make a great bar. Here is the shed, it will have to be painted or covered with something more appealing any thoughts would be greeat, just has to be termite proof. I can't get started on it for a few months but until then I will keep collecting. Bevan

On 2013-05-15 18:39, Bamboo Bev wrote:
Hi all, its been a while, I have been doing some thinking about my bar when I get started, my plan was to build it in my new garage when its done but now I have been thinking I would rather keep the garage for my cars and car related collection seprate from the bar. My attention turned to the current shed I have and thought if I put bi-fold doors on the front and a decking it would make a great bar. Here is the shed, it will have to be painted or covered with something more appealing any thoughts would be greeat, just has to be termite proof. I can't get started on it for a few months but until then I will keep collecting. Bevan

Hi Bamboo Bev,

Sounds like a big project, but new doors and deck sound good, palm trees/tropical looking plants would be inexpensive and large scale to start also. A tiki style pergola would also be a large scale impact possibility, and good to hang things from. Just sit back have a drink and take your time imagining, it's half the fun.

Go go go

:)

What he said! ^^^^^^^^

Have fun & take pics. Can't wait to see how it progresses.

Looks great Bev, like you say...termite proof, some good doors and a deck would be a wonderful foundation. Looks like a good size, have fun and take progress pictures. I know some of the expert builders will give you great suggestions here...you go girl!!!!

H
harro posted on Wed, May 29, 2013 4:31 AM

Gday bev, good to see another Aussie on here. Can't wait to see what you do with the shed. if its just cladding the outside of the tin, maybe recycled timber would work well? looks rustic, is cheap and ages well...

HT

On 2013-05-29 04:31, harro wrote:
Gday bev, good to see another Aussie on here. Can't wait to see what you do with the shed. if its just cladding the outside of the tin, maybe recycled timber would work well? looks rustic, is cheap and ages well...

There's a lot of you on here, actually. Well, not a lot, but a handful. Swizzle, Careless Navigator...

Thank you all for the comments. I can't wait to get started on it, I have been getting some great ideas from this site.

Pages: 1 32 replies