Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

The Tiki knife by The Biskit Fixer

Pages: 1 6 replies

This seven inch skinning knife is one I made from an old combine harvester blade, I carved Kane and Lono from ox bone for the handles.

I drew the Tiki on to paper post lables to use as templates.

I sliced up some nice thick slabs of ox bone to work with.

I stuck the templates on to fit.

I then simply carve thrugh the paper to mark out Kane.

Kane emerges from the bone.

kane just need some knife point work now to detail and tune up them lines.

after a few hours of knife work the details are done.

A little colour high lights the details on Kane.

Time to start on Lono for the opposit side.

Lono emerging from the bone.

A bit of detail on the headress and Lono is ready to go under the knife point for detailing.

Knife work is done now Lono needs colouring.

The Ox bone scales pretty much done, i'll scrimshaw on the final details after the fitting.

The sheath for the knife is full thickness heavy grain leather hand sewn and branded with designs to match the vibe of this knife. i used antique lizard skin to accent the sheath and fitted a steel stud fastner to hold the lads in good and tight, we wouldnt wanna loose em now!
sorry to dump so many Pictures on my first topic post, thanks for stopping by to look thru them.
Skot, The Biskit Fixer.

I scrimshawed the cracks on the bone right at the end, beef bone is nice solid stuff to carve but lacks the grain and charicter of the Mammoth ivory i use on my smaller carvings, so i added a bit if aging to add to the look.

B

Welcome to TC BiskitFixer, I hear you a British Farmer, you grow things different from here?
Thanks for the awesome photos, the knife is Incredible.

love the jade blade

C
Cljha posted on Fri, May 11, 2012 5:02 AM

Hi Skot,

I have to say that it has been a long time since I check this forum (I've been away from computer for some time) and today you just blown my mind...excellent work, Congratulations. Also thanks for sharing so many picture with us.

Take care

Christophe

Hey, Big thank yous Brother Christophe. I'm new here and only got on board this week so this is my first topic post, Glad you enjoyed them, i got another one in the works at the moment featuring Kanaloa and Ku this time. I'm planning a BBQ Cooks knife. So keep an eye out for more pictures laters.

That is really great work! I cant wait to see more.. very inspiring :)

Pages: 1 6 replies