Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

My 1st Tiki Mugs!

Pages: 1 7 replies

C

Hey all,

I just found these tiki mugs at an old indoor flea market/antique store here in Southern Indiana. I have 4 of them, but one was a copy of another, so I just took a pic of these original 3. It says "Made in China" on it, but it looks hand painted on. Could anybody here tell me what they might be worth? Thanks in advance!

Clinton

They are originally from Party City and worth about $3.99 (which was what the set was sold for on clearance)

C

Saw them online for $6.99 on ooga mooga. Indv. boxed. I'm just happy I got 'em for a buck a piece! Sitting on my shelf waiting for me to build my lil' bar!

On 2012-05-12 09:49, clintiki wrote:
Saw them online for $6.99 on ooga mooga. Indv. boxed. I'm just happy I got 'em for a buck a piece! Sitting on my shelf waiting for me to build my lil' bar!

You got to start somewhere :)

T

For Party City, they ain't half bad! Keep up the thrift store tiki search and you're bound to find more tiki treasures! Happy hunting!

Do you happen to know if there were (or are still) any vintage Tiki establishments in your area? You may have a chance to score something really rare!

You are now in possession of the cheapest mugs around, these where also sold at Big Lots stores
for about $5 for the set, enjoy.....

Oh well, like I said, I got 'em for $1 each. I'm already fond of the "lil' guys", I think I'm hooked on collecting them now! I have also searched my area for vintage tiki bars, but no luck yet. Just some poser bar on a floating barge on the Ohio river here. Yes, I will definitely hit more thrift shops and flea markets here and see what tiki treasures I can dig up! Thanks so far for the posts guys & gals. If I find anything else, I will surely post pics. Well, off to tiki dreamland everyone, G'night!

C

I used one of my tiki mugs today for drinking one of my "green" smoothies (no alcohol this time!) and I noticed that it really keeps my smoothie ice cold! Now I understand why they make them ceramic. I'm just a mug newbie, so please don't laugh too hard at me. I am really enjoying my new found hobby and I just bought another one online from Retro Planet earlier. Cheers to all!

Clinton

Pages: 1 7 replies