Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Tiki Bob's Mugs on Goodwill Website

Pages: 1 7 replies

Does anyone know who ended up with the four Vintage Tiki Bob's Mugs that were recently offered up on the Goodwill Website?

You can buy stuff from the Goodwill website?

ah, I see now, cool.

[ Edited by: FacesPlace 2012-05-22 13:50 ]

N

It was me.

I think they would have done better if they sold them separately. I only wanted one.

They're in great condition.

Two of the litter can go to good homes.

PM me if interested. I'd rather have them go to a regular than auction them on EBay.

[ Edited by: Naneki 2012-05-25 07:21 ]

i got alot of great stuff off the goodwill auctions years ago for super cheap but they are worse than ebay as far as prices because everyone knows about it and anything cool gets bid way up... plus their descriptions are sketchy and weak and the shipping is usually outrageous. i will say this though, you will never see an item packed more carefully and safely than the goodwill.... never had a single item arrive broken and i bought some fragile stuff on there back in the day...

On 2012-05-23 13:25, Tipsy McStagger wrote:
i got alot of great stuff off the goodwill auctions years ago for super cheap but they are worse than ebay as far as prices because everyone knows about it and anything cool gets bid way up... plus their descriptions are sketchy and weak and the shipping is usually outrageous. i will say this though, you will never see an item packed more carefully and safely than the goodwill.... never had a single item arrive broken and i bought some fragile stuff on there back in the day...

I very much agree with Tipsy McStagger about Goodwill. They really jack up the shipping and handling costs on their auctions. On most of the auctions I win the S&H is double, triple or once quadruple what I paid for the item. On the other hand, the items are packaged well enough to withstand a nuclear blast.
The descriptions can be very off, but that is how I've gotten certain items for next to nothing. Most of the tiki items I win are completely mislabeled or spelled wrong. Most of the time items labeled as tiki are Central and South American carvings. The people aren't experts. The photographs are typically of poor quality, but you are doing a good deed when you buy from Goodwill. They do answer emails if you have more questions about the item.

I never knew there was online Goodwill shopping! My Goodwill store sucks.

On 2013-07-11 09:11, LoriLovesTiki wrote:

I think they post most of the good stuff online now. They get more money that way.
The shipping and handling they charge really pads the price. Your $5 auction win will suddenly turn into $25+ owed.
Neither one of us lives close to Indianapolis, but that location always posts really nice Mid Century furniture for sale. It's for pick up only.

http://www.shopgoodwill.com

Pages: 1 7 replies