Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

02 Chevy Silverado question/help

Pages: 1 4 replies

Aloha,
Any of you out there have or have a friend with a 02' Chevy Sliverado v6 ? Any of you with this truck have problems with the cap and rotor getting moisture in it and failing?

Twice in a year for me they have replaced it. I think it is due to the A/C hose (metal) that runs right on top it it. Condensation? Who designed this truck? No insullation on cap/rotor or hose!

Just trying to build my case. The last dealer who replaced it said it might be due to the fact that I live near the ocean. Dude! Wrong answer! 20k for a new truck and I can't run my A/C?

Any help would help. Post or e-mail [email protected]

Mahalo!

[ Edited by: RevBambooBen on 2003-06-18 09:02 ]

Ah yes, I seen this problem a number of times. Here's what you gotta do to fix it: remove the 3rd link hydogenator hose from the vapor-shifter; now, unscrew the chrome pressure-restrainer cap and remove the largest screen wire (not the 2 small ones on each side of the chrone line); now, be careful, slice the dyno cable right down to the modulator pan and remove the threaded spleen pin; tighten down the flying plate condenser so that it doesn't rest against the variable drive rod; you'll probably be able to see your obturator gauge to the right of the pommel rod - carefully wash it off with a solution of vinegar and polysendeton. Now, get in your truck, turn it on and drive like hell to the 7-11 and get a 40 oz'er.

(I think your tires are low also)

Mr.Bong,
I think you need a 4 footer! I'm serious! About the truck (and the 4 footer). Met someone at the store last weekend with the same problem. Your o.k. cause you got the "better truck".And, red to boot! I was just thinkin' some of yous out here in TC land might just have the same prob and the more the merrier for the lemmon law to go into effect. Drive free with your new red truck and enjoy the A/C Bong, without braking down! (at least not mentally!)

Bong,

Now that was a funny post.

Rev. Ben,
I forwarded your question to a master technician friend of mine here at AAA. If he doesn't know what the permanent fix is, he can find out. Might be a couple weeks till he or I get back with you on it due to pending travels, but he will either e-mail you or I will.
Hang in there.
KG

Pages: 1 4 replies