Pages: 1 3 replies

Name: Reef Lodge
Type: Hotel
Street: Korotogo Village
City: Sigatoka
Island: Viti Levu
Phone: ?

Description:
Operational circa the 1960s/1970s. Can't find any current references on the Net, so I am assuming it either closed or has been renamed.

[ Edited by: Club Nouméa 2012-06-18 18:27 ]

The Reef Lodge has already been referenced once on Tiki Central, in the music thread:

"For your listening & relaxing pleasure, The Reef Lodge Trio offers such varied selections as Steel guitar rag, Hawaiian wedding song, I sailed away to Fiji Islands, Isa buna, Wildwood twist & Deep in the heart of Texas..all in a lilting Polynesian style. Holiday in Fiji: Moments to remember was recorded live at the Reef Lodge in Korotogo, Fiji with a written warning on the back cover that it is NOT for distribution in Fiji. I guess they wouldn't want the workers to get TOO relaxed. Mai tai anyone? (Viking VP184, New Zealand)"

Source: Kaiwaza

And this baggage label has popped up in various places:

But I don't recall anyone posting this:

"MURAL, REEF LODGE
Visitors to the Reef Lodge Hotel have admired the magnificent mural painted by New Zealand artist Jon Petrie."

Toto, j'ai l'impression que nous ne sommes plus au Kansas !

[ Edited by: Club Nouméa 2012-06-18 18:21 ]

I recently found another postcard of the Reef Lodge. In it you can see the mural in the postcard shown above, along with the adjacent bar:

"REEF LODGE
From this well-appointed and modern lounge bar one is able to gaze out over a golden beach and calm inshore waters protected from the swell of the blue Pacific by a coral outer reef."

Toto, j'ai l'impression que nous ne sommes plus au Kansas !

[ Edited by: Club Nouméa 2013-08-08 00:47 ]

Nice! I had missed that mural post before. Great lounge chairs.

Pages: 1 3 replies