Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Thanks Sand Devils!

Pages: 1 16 replies

Big thanks to the Sand Devils for playing our backyard party and for everyone who came as far as LA and the OC to support! We had a great time and the music was kick ass! We will hold the date in case you decide to do a reunion tour next 4th of July...haha

[ Edited by: marion-n-brad 2012-07-05 13:47 ]

[ Edited by: marion-n-brad 2012-07-05 13:49 ]

I can't believe this is the final show of The Sand Devils. They have such a great sound and I just recently discovered them at Tiki Caliente. I enjoyed their show so much. I'm sure this final show is going to be totally killer. Their sand devil icon is pure genius!

Ya know we'll be there

In!
if you still have room.
sent a pm.

thanks
Jeff(btd)

For you, bigtikidude, we make room! See you on the 4th.

How cool is this going to be...

Awesome

Cool ? yes,
but bitter sweet.

Jeff(btd)

Come on down Derek, and bring some of your famous Monkey Pod!

Looks like we are going to have plenty of room for chairs etc, so even if you can only come for an hour to watch the band, anyone who wants to come, feel free to come over.
PM for the address!
~Brad

On 2012-06-20 23:06, marion-n-brad wrote:

we have a big pool so if you plan to swim,
bring a towel and your pool floats and toys.

~Brad and Marion

So does this mean that bathing suit is optional,
or just not allowed at all.
:o

:wink:
Jeff(btd)

MH

There needs to be a like button on this thread. We'll be there for sure!

Jeff, bathing suits are optional, but you can wear that new European man thong you bought! haha
see you tomorrow!

Nobody wants to see that,
I will spare everyone and bring really long board shorts,
and an extra t-shirt.

Jeff(btd)

See post #1!

Thanks again for having them, and for having us Non SD people to your party.

I realized yesterday that I was at their very first show at a house party also,
and they had a piece of paper going around where people would write down band name ideas.

and once again, seeing them at the 2005 or 2006 (I can't recall now, was the first SD area Tiki Oasis) and Ape together on the Thurs nite opening night just blew my mind.

Will miss them,
and wish them all luck in their future endeavors.

Jeff(btd)

Thanks for having us Brad and Marion, and thanks to everyone who came to the party from far and near. It was a lot of fun, we've been playing together since 2004 and though we haven't gigged a lot, most if not all of the shows have been cool and fun.

We got to play with a lot of really cool bands and in such great events as (off the top of my head):

Tiki Oasis (first surf band to play on stage, and then 2 years at room parties)
Surf Guitar 101 Convention
Tiki Caliente
Huntington Beach Pier Plaza (Surf Museum Surfin' Sundays)
House Parties of our friends
And more...

Aloha,
Ran

MH

Thank you, Brad & Marion for hosting such an awesome 4th of July party. I'm just sad that we had to cute the time short. Thank you the Sand Devils for being so awesome. You will surely be missed, though. And it was great to meet some of you there at the party.

Pages: 1 16 replies