Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

5th Annual Texas Tiki Round-up Sept 22nd

Pages: 1 2 54 replies

Julie, the party of was amazing as always! The Second Floora Bora Bora is outstanding. Thanks again for a wonderful evening!!!! xoxo

A
amate posted on Mon, Sep 24, 2012 1:07 PM

Good food...good music...good people...You throw a first class party! Thanks Julie.

K

Wow! What fun! Thanks everybody for coming.

Professor G, your help in the kitchen was invaluable, and your pork and Spam en Brochette a la Mode du Rumaki were getting lots of compliments. As was the music. Kudos and mahalos to the Del Vipers, John Frum Cargo Cult, Kathy Murray and Monster Bill Jones and Tropicana Joe! (And if you TC'ers haven't guessed yet, that was Formikahini who created the bird calls)

Additional mahalos to HulaCat, Dobrolic, Crash, Amate, MartiniTiki, Richard, Kilikopela and Brittanie, Kenike, Grand Kahu, Formikahini, Karen, Denise and Mike and all the others who helped us pull this off.

Yikes, I didn't take hardly any photos this year. If anyone got photos, please post, and I'll try to at least take some post-party of the mini-golf and the awesome tiki Amate carved for me that is now presiding over it.

Aloha!

Five years, and it just gets better and better. Obviously, so much work went into new features, this year. Great to see "the usual characters", and meet new... characters. Our thanks to Koitiki and 'Koitiki Kane', and all those who helped them with food, drink, decorating and music. A few pictures...

:down: Dusk settles on the Enchanted Lagoon... :down:

:down: Amate amazes (we went home with one) :down:

:down: John Frum Cargo Cult plays Quiet Village,... as Formikahini renders exotic bird calls. :down:

:down: Ukulele Duo, "MonsterJones" and Kathy Murray :down:

:down: The surf-rockin' Del Vipers :down:

:down: Upstairs, in the 'Tiki Room' (Actually dark and mysterious - camera flash lit it up a bit much!) :down:

:down: Me and my wahine relaxing... :down:

:down: Later, many switch to bathing attire and enjoy the salt water pool and hot tub :down:

"The rum's the thing..."

[ Edited by: Limbo Lizard 2012-09-24 17:56 ]

Thanks for posting the pics! The party was over the top fun!
Loved the mini Tiki Putt-Putt too>>>
It was beautiful all 'round...Bill

Such a fantastic night! Had so much fun-loved the tiki putt putt!

K

A few more pics by Kenike:

Carving by Amate

Dana

Alice and I giving away door prizes

John Frum Cargo Cult

Pages: 1 2 54 replies