Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Home Tiki Bars

QH Tiki Deck

Pages: 1 32 replies

QT

Hello Tiki Central,

I have been a member / lurker for about 1 year now. Finally got up the 'nerve' to post a few pics of the QH Tiki Deck. It has been under construction for about 1 1/2 years now.... never finished. Hope I did this correctly.

Oh yea.... just got choc lab.... named her Tiki.

W

Hey that looks really nice. I could hang out there a lot! What are the three panels in your last picture for?

Welcome to Tiki Central!

Chris
WestADad

Nice look!

Are those lights in the tikis in the front panel?

[ Edited by: MaukaHale 2012-07-03 11:09 ]

QT

Thank you WestADad. The panels offer a bit more deck neighbor privacy.... the only house we can see from our deck.... good neighbors though!

QT

Yes.... I had to cut the lamps in half and mount to bar.

W

Cool lights qh, lighting in a tiki space is one of my favorite elements. Nice privacy panels too! :)

Chris

Very nice! Those privacy panels are a winner!

looks cool
I too have a choc lab named tiki

QT

Thank you all for the nice comments.

TT

I like it! Keep going, now that you've "outed" yourself on here! We are all pulling for you!

Aloha!

What a delightful looking backyard. Snag some pictures of your dawg in the next round. Nice idea on the privacy panels.

Welcome to TC qh tiki,Keep up the decorating.

QT

Thanks!

I added a pic of the bar top. 5 different colors of composite decking, puzzle cut. Stands up well to outside, food / drink spills, etc.

Composite decking bar top - good call. I think it needs an inlaid Moai silhouette on one or both ends. From the looks of the privacy screens that would be no problem for you.

QT

Thanks MadDogMike..... I like the idea. Gotta find a dark / charcoal decking color.

Looks cozy
Made me thirsty
So I just made a Mai-Tai :)
How's the weather outside (what state are u in)...
Have fun n drink up

Cool deck. I like it. :)

QT

My first grand-kid due this month.... made gate for QH Tiki Deck. Had to 'fit in'....

QT

Thanks TC..... We are in Delaware.... still have to move the palms inside during the cold months.

QT

Places we like to go to, tropical and more...... our sign post. I had family members each design their own.

Very nice...got a photo from further back showing the whole bar top?

QT

Thank you.... if used, hope it works for ya. No fasteners for puzzle pieces, they just lie on exterior / paint sealed plywood base.

J

Any concerns about the rattan (and bamboo) holding up in the elements? Did you treat it at all?

QT

Well... both the rattan and bamboo do weather a bit, loose their lightish color. I have had to spray some areas with a light bleach solution for cleaning, etc. I try not to worry too much about it... outside bar, natural weathering, etc. I call it patina... my wife hates that word... :wink: The protected pieces do hold up better / retain their appearance. Coating, might work.... I'd weigh work versus benefit.

The composite decking looks as good as the day I installed it.

Hope this helps.... qh tiki.

QT

Hello Tiki Central. I have not posted in a while.... here are a few new pics of the Quail Hollow tiki deck.

[ Edited by: qh tiki 2013-08-06 07:19 ]

J

Looking good!

Is that a fan and heater? His and hers sides? Comfort zone temperature controlled?

QT

Thanks Jimsflies...... LOL. Yes, an IR heater. Good for just bar area, also keeps flame away from thatch, etc.

Hood idea on the heater...the place is looking great!!!

QT

Thank you Vampiress.....

Hey that's a great looking space. From the photos I'd have to say that your deck is bigger than mine. But then they say size doesn't matter.

Place looks great. Love your sign post. Go Giants!

Liking this idea a lot. Great job all around though!

QT

Thank you all for the nice comments! Rain this week in DE.... my 'tiki' gang does not like it.

Pages: 1 32 replies