Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Home Tiki Bars

Our Space at Lodge 9 and beyond

Pages: 1 26 replies

L9

Hi All,
I thought i would post some pics of our room, we are moving so I took these before we packed it up. Also the area at our new home I intend to turn into our home bar. I think we will need to find a new Name. Thanks for looking!

[ Edited by: Lodge 9 2012-07-04 04:18 ]

Oooooh, nice digs, that will be fun setting up your new lounge. Pool=JEALOUS!!!

Ooh, infinite possibilities with that pool and fence! Have fun!

Kool stuff
Have fun with the new area
Post step by step pics

QT

Time to buy the lumber..... where is my hammer?

Nice!

L9

Thanks all, we close on the new pad next week, I have all kinds of Ideas thanks to all of you and the bar's posted here. we will stain the fence and put in some tropical plants in the yard first. pull up the carpet and put down some wood flooring. I'm thinking Plank style, make it look like a ship's deck. there is a wet bar and cabinet I think will have to be removed, its large and the top is marble it looks like it should be in an ice cream store. not a Tiki Bar! we are thinking a horseshoe style bar, kinda of like Inks Tiki Bar.
(saw a thread here and love the style)
Any Ideas or suggestions are welcome.

Mahalo!

A link to the Inks Tiki Bar That Inspires us.
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=36955&forum=20&39

[ Edited by: Lodge 9 2012-07-06 02:56 ]

That is one of my favorite bars too...very classy and certainly an inspiration. Is there any way you can use the wet bar as the base for your back bar? I wish I had a sink in my lounge, but I did a build out in what was the living room of my home. I am backed up to a bathroom on the other side of the wall, so some day may actually have one built. It would make it so much nicer for mixing drinks with a sink.

Congratulations on your new home, can't wait to see all your progress pictures. Are you going to be building a bar from scratch or using a free standing bar? You have a great room to work in.

L9

I think we will build a bar, and will keep a sink there. the room is off the living room so i will have to close the area up. I was thinking of a pocket door system, but there is a limited budget. we are get moved.
Here is a better pic of the wet bar area. and my beautiful daughter making faces..LOL

L9

We Have made a little progress. Took out the old wet bar, and Carpet, and installed some wood flooring. I painted a wall and put up some reed fencing and bamboo behind where our hutch is going. We unpacked our Tiki stuff and put most of it up. Now we can work on one wall or area at a time. I am still trying to decided what to do to close off the Living room area from the Bar area, I was thinking pocket doors but its a load bearing wall with Lots of electric. I'm now thinking of putting in a barn door system, with picture frame paneling on one side to match the living room and matting and bamboo for the bar side. Any Ideas?
Thanks for looking!

[ Edited by: Lodge 9 2012-10-14 07:53 ]

L9

Keep up the great work. The floor is beautiful.

L9

Thank You Vampiress!
Here is another pic of the hutch area. We may paint the ceilings but they match the rest of the house. next up is the door then the bar.

L9

Been Awhile Since i've updated, been working on the yard turning it into an oasis, Stained the fence, painted the house, trying to put in tropical plants that will syrvive north Texas.

L9

L9

Adding a new cabinet for behind the bar, Putting on a new top next, Moved some electricity so we could add a new fan and move the lamp down. Put in boxes above the ceiling so we can add lamps like the float lamp. also repurposed an old lamp by adding a faux bamboo look, and some old hats to tiki it up. Thanks to Tiki Skip for the tutorial on lamp making! Mahalo!

Nice repurposing...looking forward to your continued build.

Tiki in Texas
Good stuff
Keep the pics Rollin

Jon

L9

Finally started working on the Ceiling and walls, First The ceiling, Masked off and Removed the Popcorn, (What a Mess)
Then Painted it Midnight Blue and installed some Flat Bamboo slat Fencing.

L9

Put up some Matting, and Bamboo trim,
![](https://tikicentral.com/uploads/15228/52e3de96.jpg[/img
[img]https://tikicentral.com/uploads/15228/52e3dedc.jpg)

Very nice. I like how the ceiling looks.

Lookin good...

That space and pool area will come up a treat.

We have a hutch similar to the one in your photos. I jazzed it up with paint and glued some synthetic thatch to the panels. We also added some hula girl handles sourced from a store on Kauai.

Also when attempting to tikify a timber fence I added rolls of reed and spray painted a simple stencil over some trim. Its mostly hidden now but makes for an acceptable background to tropical plants.

Looking forward to seeing your results.

On 2014-01-25 07:54, Lodge 9 wrote:
. . .installed some Flat Bamboo slat Fencing.

How did you attach the Flat Bamboo Slat Fencing to the ceiling? Did you use staples, nails, glue?

L9

Thanks,

Thurston,
I like your stencil Idea, I have some of the Fencing left over I may "borrow" that.

Maukahale,
I used screws and Fender washers to hang. I first painted them with some Rustoleum Khaki spray paint. I screwed into the Joists and stapled the rest.I'm thinking about removing the screws and adding more staples as the washer's kinda stand out.

Thanks for looking and Commenting!

Mahalo!

T

Ceiling looks great!

L9

Aloha All,
Did some work on the Lodge,
Put in a wet bar w/ granite top, shelving and light fixture.

A friend built the redwood top for the mobile bar, we put casters on it and a Bosco Mask,
a little Amber Shellac on the Bamboo and Spar Varnish on the Top and shelves.

Coming right along...keep up the great work.

Pages: 1 26 replies